Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMan988

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
Thanks to improved emojis, I will be able to express my emotions more accurately. Which will result in a healthier social life. Thanks Apple!

dgreen97

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2011
really wish apple would fix bugs

i really wish apple would focus on fixing all of the bugs associated with yosemite instead of updating the photos app and emojis. there are a lot of video driver problems that are causing redraw issues on photoshop/the rest of the adobe suite and other programs but this still hasn't been fixed yet. why isn't this a priority when its affecting a huge chunk of their user base?

crescentmoon52

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2011
No Yosemite for me...

Too many many problems and headaches with Yosemite for me to take the plunge. I think I'll skip it altogether and stay with Mavericks which is very stable...

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
as a public beta user, i like reading about the developer release so I know what's coming down soon. I do expect a 10.11 announcement at WWDC though. I wonder what new stuff that holds.:cool:

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
if you triple click on a link it'll bring up a preview of the new link

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 2.35.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 2.35.25 PM.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 277

ZacNicholson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2011
Austin
Do you mean triple-finger click? is this a trackpad thing? Clicking three times with my trackball did nothing but launch the link.

i mean three fingers taping once on the trackpad. sorry if i was unclear, i just didn't know how to explain it.

Last edited:

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
i mean three fingers taping once on the trackpad. sorry if i was unclean, i just didn't know how to explain it.

I don't get that... I've only got the Look up function when enabled, launch a link when disabled (just like 2-finger tap)...

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
is contacts still a mess? when i try to copy lets say a phone number the field starts to shutter and blink and then the whole program just freezes. I KNOW ITS BETA just curious if its been fixed on the latest built or if anyone else even had the issue

edit: interesting ... it only happens on numbers with a country code prefix on it

RGPphotog

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
Orlando FL
When I tried it, it killed my keyboard. Wheres the preference menu for the three finger tap?

System Preferences > trackpad. I imagine a "Magic Trackpad" is minimum requirements for that. It doesn't sound like a "Force Touch" trackpad thing.

P.S. I don't have the beta on a Mac with a Magic Trackpad caliber trackpad, so I can't look at this any further.

christian.terra

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2014
Look Up bug affecting me. The pop up is blank and occasionally kills my keyboard and I have to restart. Same with three finger definition tap. Blank window.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
is contacts still a mess? when i try to copy lets say a phone number the field starts to shutter and blink and then the whole program just freezes. I KNOW ITS BETA just curious if its been fixed on the latest built or if anyone else even had the issue

edit: interesting ... it only happens on numbers with a country code prefix on it

It seems to be fixed now. I had the same issue also.

zaneliu94

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
Bay Area
System Preferences > trackpad. I imagine a "Magic Trackpad" is minimum requirements for that. It doesn't sound like a "Force Touch" trackpad thing.

P.S. I don't have the beta on a Mac with a Magic Trackpad caliber trackpad, so I can't look at this any further.

Actually, it doesn't show any specific three click preferences. Just to engage three finger tap on or off.

Look Up bug affecting me. The pop up is blank and occasionally kills my keyboard and I have to restart. Same with three finger definition tap. Blank window.

Yeah it's kinda a drag. Oh well, that's a beta for ya.

iSRS

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
So enabling lookup, which I use all the time, it seems to have prevented me from typing in nearly every app. Turned it off then rebooted and it seems to work. Will try updating again after reenabling it.

Just wanted to get the out there incase it impacts others

Update: Reenabling Lookup and then trying lookup doesn't return any results, and stops the keyboard from responding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.