Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has shared a new video to celebrate the first Apple Store in Belgium, which opens on Saturday, September 19 in the capital city of Brussels. The two-minute spot highlights the work of several comic artists in Brussels, which is known for its tradition of comic art.

Brussels has a rich tradition of comic art. So, to celebrate the opening of the Apple Store, Brussels, we brought together some of the city’s most imaginative comic artists. Hear them speak about their work and the city that inspired it.
The store will be located on Avenue de la Toison d'Or and open on Monday-Saturday between 10 AM and 7 PM local time. The location will offer regular Apple Store services such as the Genius Bar and Workshops.

Two new Apple Stores also open in Nanjing, China and Florence, Italy on September 19 and September 26 respectively.

Article Link: Apple Shares Video to Celebrate Opening of Apple Store in Brussels

Last edited:
Reactions: keysofanxiety

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
They would have shown this in the keynote but they did not have time, just like Tim Cook did not have time to talk about numbers, especially the Apple Watches sold. I bet everyone is dying to know!

macs4nw

macrumors 601
For once, I'm proud to be a Belgian. :)
Why only 'for once'? I've visited there and it's a small but very cultured and also very beautiful country with gorgeous old buildings and a low crime rate. Brussels also being home to Nato Headquarters as well as the de facto capital of the European Union, I'd say you have a lot to be proud of. :)

P.S. Love your 'patat friet met piccalilli'.

Last edited:

arbitter

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2010
Belgium
They would have shown this in the keynote but they did not have time, just like Tim Cook did not have time to talk about numbers, especially the Apple Watches sold. I bet everyone is dying to know!
But they did have time to repeat certain features a hundred times, repeat how 'thrilled' they are for each and every one of their products, repeat how many utterly new applications can be done that would have been 'unthinkable' the day before the presentation... I'm sure they could have found a minute to repeat the numbers a couple of times but I'm glad they didn't. It's safe to say it was the last keynote I watched, I just can't be bothered by all the superlatives anymore.

Regardless of the keynote though, I do like the artwork done here.

Kajje

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2012
Asia
Why only 'for once'? I've visited there and it's a small but very cultured and also very beautiful country with gorgeous old buildings and a low crime rate.
Low crime rate. You must be kidding. Or blind. Or - more probably - stayed within the confines of your hotel in the fancy neighborhood at night. There's areas where the police even doesn't dare to enter. Not mainly because they're afraid, but they don't want to 'offend' the people over there while patrolling, and want to avoid the paperwork for yet another burned down patrol car.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Yeah low crime rate is a joke. I've been to Brussels loads of times and crime there is pretty bad. I've never seen so many begging gypsies in one place either. Compared to Amsterdam it's definitely a lot worse.

witherwings

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2010
London
Eindelijk in België!! Wafels, trappist bieren, chocolaatjes, mosselen en nu Apple Store!

I was studying 1 year in Leuven (Louvain), learned a little bit of Flemish Dutch (still terrible though) and was shocked when people said there's no Apple Store in such a rich country! Only relying with Easy-m (Apple Authorised seller).

I was aleady expected Apple will touch a little bit of comic. It's the Tin-Tin from Hergé and a lot more of famous comics country!

Now I am waiting for Portugal... Still no Apple Store to be found

Last edited:

Regbial

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
In my city that'd be graffitied or spray painted in a day... Ahh to live in an actual civilized country..

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Couldn't agree more with what was said above..

Who comes up with these ideas?? Apple is masterful at connecting an Apple Store to its community

I echo this. I just wish (hope) the artwork is a permanent feature of the Apple Store and not just decorations on the construction barrier.

ginkobiloba

macrumors 6502a
Jul 2, 2007
Paris
Great ad, really. Belgium is the holy land of comics. It's good to see Apple integrate that.
( Alors j'ai une blague, un belge et un français entrent dans un bar, et..euh.. j'ai oublié la suite... )

Reactions: macs4nw

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
Low crime rate. You must be kidding. Or blind. Or - more probably - stayed within the confines of your hotel in the fancy neighborhood at night. There's areas where the police even doesn't dare to enter. Not mainly because they're afraid, but they don't want to 'offend' the people over there while patrolling, and want to avoid the paperwork for yet another burned down patrol car.

Oh please, you must be kidding right? Crime in Brussels is not worse than any other big city. Sounds like you don't live in Brussels, unlike me.

But I do find the choice of location for the store more questionable: I understand it had to be in the area where all big brands have their stores, but you can't hardly call it a nice road. It's the ring road with traffic jams day and night. Not that there aren't many alternatives in Brussels, but still...

Reactions: dexterie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.