Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dabrams1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2015
When I use my smart battery case for my iPhone, It stops charging my phone even though the case is not dead. Even when I charge my phone and battery together, it goes off the phone battery first. I have to take my phone out of the case and reconnect it in order for it to start charging. Even then the case will keep my phone at 100% for like 10-15 minutes then it will stop charging even though the case still has charge in it. I have to keep reconnecting my phone to the case for it to resume the charging. And Apple states that the case is supposed to use all the case's battery first then go off the iPhone battery when the case is dead. Is there anybody else that has this case thats having this same issue? I'm already on my second case.

imhereareyou

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2013
Sounds like a faulty case... Mine stops and starts when my phone needs or doesnt need it.

dabrams1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2015
Sounds like a faulty case... Mine stops and starts when my phone needs or doesnt need it.

That's what I thought with the first one I got. It was having the same issues I'm having now with the second one. But yours keeps the phone at 100% until the case is completely dead at 0%? Because mine doesn't

imhereareyou

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2013
Its an apple made case right? Not a knock off? Mine will go till they are both 0% but never got that far...

mhoepfin

macrumors regular
Oct 8, 2014
Sometimes if I play a game that uses a lot of battery it will drop faster than the case charges (I assume) so it may get to 97 or 98%, but it will charge back up again and then the case will go to 0% before the phone uses it's own battery.

Something must be faulty with your phone or case.

dabrams1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2015
Sometimes if I play a game that uses a lot of battery it will drop faster than the case charges (I assume) so it may get to 97 or 98%, but it will charge back up again and then the case will go to 0% before the phone uses it's own battery.

Something must be faulty with your phone or case.
Oh ok. Now I understand how the case is supposed to function. Thanks. I guess it was a bad batch or something I got.

Reactions: imhereareyou
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.