Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJordo

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2007
well...

And of course you have inside knowledge of how Apple will be distributing the SDK, and of course, the Apps?

Alot of rumors are going around that the iTunes Music Store will be used to sell iPod Software... I really really hope that is not the only way to add Apps, I don't really wanna buy all my Applications... And....Firmware is always updated through iTunes....Noone really seems to care (besides developers) HOW they distribute the SDK.... I just care how FAST...:apple:

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
I'm not entirely sure what people are expecting from this SDK. It's a Software Development Kit which Apple said it would deliver by the end of February. We have seen evidence from some developers here and on other sites that they are working with the kit, so why do people still think it is "yet to launch"?

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
I'm not entirely sure what people are expecting from this SDK. It's a Software Development Kit which Apple said it would deliver by the end of February. We have seen evidence from some developers here and on other sites that they are working with the kit, so why do people still think it is "yet to launch"?

Maybe because I can't download it. Select developers have it, as Apple said they would. But there isn't much point in a SDK that only Apples favorite developers can use.

drummerlondonw3

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
London
I always thought that the SDK would mean that developers would be able to upload software outside itunes, I haven't really considered it would ll have to go through itunes.

Normally I would think that would mean money, BUT in the apple website when you go to downloads there is a combination of freeware and payware apps so maybe this same model will be used for the SDK apps ???

Just trying to think about something else other than my new freakin MBP!!! :p:D

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Maybe because I can't download it. Select developers have it, as Apple said they would. But there isn't much point in a SDK that only Apples favorite developers can use.

iPhone is a closed platform. Get used to it.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
title_backsoon1.gif

UK and Ireland also down .. :confused:

iPapa

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
Come on Apple, give us the stuff... new MBPs and ACDs please, and throw in a better graphics card in the Mac mini, update the iMacs with a non-glossy display and a decent graphics card...

Agathon

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Hmmm. I only decided to replace my Powerbook a couple of weeks ago. This would be good timing.

tobrien24

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
Adelaide
Aus iPhone?

Not sure if it was like this before, but if you click the store button when on the Aus main page, it reloads with 'we'll be back soon', but also with an iphone button in the top menu...

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
maybe new Monitors-they are old!

Oh yeah. They're old. Redesign for the sake of redesign.

For goodness sake, they are the most beautiful displays on the market, and the innards don't require updates. Apple upgrades the tech silently as new things become available.

iJordo

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2007
haha...

my credit card is armed and ready ;)

Anyone brave enough to call Apple and try to order a MBP right now...but then hangup before its finalized...Maybe they wouldnt even sell you it....maybe....they would release inside knowledge telling you not to buy..haha im sure the calls are recordeed... I mean if I was working there I would not have the heart to let someone buy right now if I knew it was getting updated....

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2007
UK
I reckon theyre putting up the 2gb shuffles :)

Anyway I am also ready for some goodness purchasing!

iJordo

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2007
good point

I reckon theyre putting up the 2gb shuffles :)

Anyway I am also ready for some goodness purchasing!

But It can NOT take this long to update the shuffle page...its gonna be like 1 huge picture and like a paragraph of text...but ur prolly right...it will come out today. that wont be it though....:apple:This is bigger...

drummerlondonw3

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
London
I do think that its reasonable that we will have updates to MB + MBPs to try and standardise the lines with multi-touch

It would be a good marketing campaign and also if you look at the halo effect of a windows person owning an iphone then it would make sense to make one of the most attractive features of it available across the lappy range

I think I may die if

a) they wait any longer
b) there are no MBPs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.