Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FuzzMunky

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
Yeah. Confirmed! It's 100% working now for Unlocked iPhones 9/19
it's working in Safari and Chrome if that matters.

Good luck patient folks!!! It's worth it in the end!

phibe1

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2010
Website is live for me now. I cant buy it without being forced to upgrade. I needed to order through the Apple Store in order to use gift cards....Verizon's site would have let me order without upgrading...sigh. Thanks Apple.

iPhoneONLY

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2008
Try pasting this link into your browser and hit enter:

store.apple.com/us/iphone

If it doesn't work, delete http:// from the address bar and hit enter.

Last edited:

apunkrockmonk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2005
Rochester, NY
Finally started to work for me.

Ordered a T-Mobile 64GB Space Black 6 Plus. Says ships Oct 1st - Oct 7th.

If that doesn't change closer to Friday I'll most likely go in store and take my chances.

pheenix11

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
Mine was too, just nervous that i didn't get an email confirmation! Oh the woes of being an early adopter. ;)

I just received one of my confirmation emails.

"Thank you for your purchase from the Premier Online Store and for choosing AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Your Apple iPhone 6 (64GB Space Gray) has been reserved and is expected to arrive on or around 9/19/2014. Your iPhone has been reserved. All orders are processed on a first-come, first-served basis."

Festefan

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
Got it!!!!

Finally, I got it. Straight from APPLE US STORE, with Chrome, went through, no problem at all. Simply worked at this time, almost 5:30 here!!!:D:D:D

Now, I need to SLEEEEEEEEP! Good buy and Good luck fellows!

Cristian

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2006
El Paso, TX
I ordered 2 iPhone Plus 64GB about 20 minutes ago through the AT&T Store. I have not yet received my confirmation emails though. Any other AT&T users get an email yet?

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
store up and ordered 5:27am T-MOBILE oct 1-6 delivery date..... got a 4 day grace period to get it to gazelle. I'll take it.. .....going to sleep now....

arpshriv

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I ordered 2 iPhone Plus 64GB about 20 minutes ago through the AT&T Store. I have not yet received my confirmation emails though. Any other AT&T users get an email yet?

Confirmation email might take an hour. But 6 plus shipping att is showing as 14-21 days, might as well get it on 19th from store

FriednTested

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2014
Finally got through... Says delivery on 16th October... :(

Anyone think I might get it atleast by the end of the month...?

BlueCreek

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2014
UK Site Up. 64GB Silver 6 Plus Ordered :D 19th estimated Delivery :)

So is the UK site accepting preorders for Unlocked iPhones, but US not?

How did you manage that?!?

Ordered the same colour/spec at 8.40am GMT in the UK with estimated delivery 10th Oct!

Now need to try and cancel so I can preorder with Phones4U who are guaranteeing 19/09 delivery :/

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
I ordered through att.com 7 minutes before the Apple Store opened! (11:54 PM PDT, 2:54 AM EDT). The iPhone 6 PLUS will ship in 14-21 business days, meaning sometime in October. The website always reported, and still reports 14-21 business days to ship for the iPhone 6 Plus. It still reports delivery on September 19 for the iPhone 6 over two hours later!

Now that it's 2 hours later, and I still can't get on the Apple store through the website, but the Apple Store App works fine. I just checked with the Apple Store App on any iOS device and I can get any iPhone 6 4.7" (any color and size, except for silver) delivered on September 19! I can get the iPhone 6 Plus, ANY model shipped in 7-10 business days. So these iPhone are not already sold out! It appeared so about 90 minutes ago, it reported unavailable.

Now, I went ahead and reserved another iPhone through Apple. Though I have to complete the order in 24 hours after receiving an email. Can I cancel my AT&T order? I already upgraded with the Next Plan to save $190 over the next 2 years (and will KEEP/OWN my iPhone, i'll just upgrade next year on another line). The savings comes from the fact that my monthly bill is $25 less per line when you upgrade to the Next plan or buy the iPhone at full price, though buying the full price I'd have to pay a $40 activation fee. So $25*24 months = $600. $600 - $450 (subsidized price savings) = $150. The upgrading with the Next Plan I waive the $40 activation fee as opposed to paying $949 for the iPhone 6 Plus 128GB model and paying the $40 activation fee. So that's how I come to $150 + $40 = $190 savings over two years.

That's what happened to me, too. I was able to place an order on AT&T Premier around 1-130a Pacific, then I checked on Apple like around 2-230 and I could get the same one to be delivered by 9/19; AT&T said 14-21 days, so I ordered through Apple. I went into the order status for AT&T Premier and pressed the cancel pre-order several times but nothing happened. I'll call them later today to cancel verbally. But, I'm not that worried since I'm pretty sure I can return it and at worst, I'll have 2 tax charges of ~$80 which is nothing. Though, the worry-wart in me is thinking this will cause a bunch of issues to my account but I'm sure that's highly doubtful.

Last edited:

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Was up to preorder at 2:00 AM Central. Stayed up till 4 am F5ing. Just woke up for work and preordered but have the 7-10 day delivery so I won't see it until October :(

Don't understand why T-mobile phones were left off of the Apple Store App, but thanks to that I won't have it on the 19th.

Oh well.

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
Guys in Canada,
While placing your order, did you get the option to pick up your iPhone 6 in an Apple Store location?
I did not.

By the way, I placed an order via iPad 3, but could not do it with iPad 2.

Nope, I myself did not get that option.

But I see now, in my bleary-eyed state, that Canadian Apple store still has stock and shipping times are still 7-10 days as of 8AM EST.

I coulda stayed in bed! Ah well... :)

spider-neil

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Absolutely pointless getting up early in the morning to have a shipping time of 3-4 weeks. With that sort of delivery estimate I might as well have ordered the phone when the initial rush died down.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Absolutely pointless getting up early in the morning to have a shipping time of 3-4 weeks. With that sort of delivery estimate I might as well have ordered the phone when the initial rush died down.

Tell me about it. It was never this bad when I had to sell the darn things, and the rush almost always died down after the first two weeks.

Sure, there was a line outside the door . . . . . of about ten people that were like, "Oh, look, the line is WAY short. I think I could buy my iPhone now, why not."

I knew it was going to be a pain to pre-order but i didn't think it was going to be completely useless. Three to four weeks and you might as well just wait two, and go pick it up in store.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Well, I have 2 reserved from Apple for in store pick up. And I also have 2 set to ship from AT&T. We'll see which orders go all the way through, considering I only have 2 lines.

2005CTS

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
So...I ordered my 128 GB 6 Plus at 2:00 and immediately received a confirmation with a 10-14 day shipping window. When I woke up later this morning I received a new email quoting an October 13th shipping date.

Oh well. I guess all the people saying the 6 Plus was too big underestimated the demand out there. This phone is going to be a huge profit margin driver for Apple...Congrats to the Apple team for bringing out another wonderful device. Now get busy making mine so it can ship sooner than I am being quoted!!

I guess the "old" 5S is going to have to hold out for another month.

Such are these "First World" problems.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Agreed, I already cancelled my order. I will let things shake out and visit the store.

Yes, and apparently having it on reserve means NOTHING. Even though I got the reservation in the WEE hours of the morning (after multiple attempts leading to the same outcome) the ship date is based on when I complete the order, so I'd be waiting a month as well.

That's IF . . . . . Apple didn't lock me out of upgrading my phone. Apple apparently didn't like those multiple attempts and crashes and freezes, each one after I put my info in and either they or Sprint locked my account and BOTH say I have to wait 24 hours for the lock to be removed.

I've NEVER heard of this in the history of activating phones . . . . or this is just new to me at least.

Oh well! :p

I'll pick it up two weeks. Walk right in, drop the cash, and walk out with two phones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.