Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
I'm really surprised no updates today! With that big Intel Superbowl ad Sunday for the i3, etc.. processors I was sure that Apple would release something so their computers won't look so dated. Oh well, maybe in another week or 2.

Wordman

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2010
They're probably still too busy trying to work out what the hell is wrong with the iMacs.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
They're probably still too busy trying to work out what the hell is wrong with the iMacs.

yeah their mac department is pretty busy these days. I wonder if they are having issues with the mobile iCore processors and that it is causing delays to the release...

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
yeah their mac department is pretty busy these days. I wonder if they are having issues with the mobile iCore processors and that it is causing delays to the release...

PC makers dont seem to be having any trouble with i-series processors, don't think the problem is Intel.

Techhie

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2008
The hub of stupidity
PC makers dont seem to be having any trouble with i-series processors, don't think the problem is Intel.

It's already been said that Apple is trying to work out a way to stay on the Nvidia chipset with the Intel lawsuit going on. They definitely don't want to be forced into the old GMA and see performance falls

Enigma55

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2008
I predict that there will not be an update before June and it will include Intel core 2 quad chips not the I series. I bet Steve Jobs considers that chip to be too much of a "World of hurt" because of compatibility problems with his Nvidia discrete graphics chip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.