Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alchemist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
UK
Hello guys!

I have just completed my iMovie of the Apple Store Regent Street opening. Its some time ago now I know, but it was still a huge amount of fun.

I have made into more than just a simple "queue-cam" and therefore it is quite long, and includes a number of interview and shots of the inside of the store. Because of this, if your on dial-up, don't even bother, it's 44mb.

You can check it all out here:

http://homepage.mac.com/joshlemonlyman/iMovieTheater2.html

Hope you enjoy it.

alywa

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2004
Very Good

Impressive piece of work. Have you made an "encapsulated" version, say at 3-4 minutes? I think you'd have a real internet phenomenon on your hands.

Again, my compliments.

-alywa

Alchemist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
UK
No not as of yet, although it is on my list of things to do!

Many thanks for the kind wors, I am glad you enjoyed it. If I do have a chance to make a tighter version I will let you all know and post as to its wherabouts.

BTW - It's good to finally post here, I have been a Macrumours reader for years and I visit at least 5 times a day.

Take good care all.

Regards

Tony H

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Very nice. I didn't know how crazy the London opening was until I saw your movie.

What did you order at Sabzi? Is that restaurant close to the Apple store?

Alchemist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
UK
Now you've got me wondering...

Did I remember the name incorrectly?! If I am correct, Sabzi is the name of the excellent coffee and food shop that was located on the left hand side of Princes Street (when looking at Regent's Street). They stayed open late, (till the milk run out!) and served great food and drinks.

While on opening morning Starbucks used their massive buying power to provide free coffee (many thanks guys), Sabzi was way cooler. It was like the Apple of the food and drinks world.

Best of all was the cool store owner who worked his but off and even carroed chalkboards around saying "Think Different, Think Sabzi".

If that ain't cool, then I am a tree.

Now I just bloody hope I got the name right! I'm sure it was Sabzi, but I wouldn't really describe it as a restaurant, although it DID serve food.

If anyone can shed light on this issue, that would be great.

Glad you liked the movie.

Regards

Tony

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Awesome. This is all I can say. Great work.
I'd love to get my hands on the high quality version though :D
If you'd cut it to 3-4 mins it'd be THE opening movie.
Again, awesome work.

Alchemist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
UK
Thanks very much Diatribe.

I may look into cutting it to 3-4 minutes, but I am not sure if I could make something so good. It was planned to be about 15mins and I'm not sure how it would transition to a shorter time.... Still. I am GAME for a challenge!

If your interested in the high quality version, I may well be able to put it on CD for you and mail it to you as a VCD. Or, for money, I could put it on DVD and send it too you! But I would be surprised if you would want that!

Glad you liked it, it sure does look better at HQ. Cheers again.

Tony

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
That is awesome man. I didn't know iMovie could do all that. Looks like i have to go read the secrets book again.

How in the world did you make those awesome effects with the wording at the very end? Is there a separate plugin?

Alchemist

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
UK
Yeah, the bits at the end are done with special plugins by Slick. Cool titles in abundance!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.