Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
hold on, you say that there will be lucky bags to the first 300 people, right. But on the site you linked it says that you can buy or "snap up" a lucky bag worth over £700 for just £250.

are you sure that the first 300 get lucky bags? i couldn't see that on that page.

Does anyone know whats in the lucky bag?

erik1975

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2002
Illinois
I hope to go if I know there is a chance I can buy a Lucky Bag. There is no guarantee that the first 300 people will buy one, plus there is nothing on the Apple site that says a limit of 300.

If I wait til Saturday morning to take the train and get there around 8:00, will I be number 600 in the queue? I.E. I wonder how many people will stick out the night to get in??

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
http://www.apple.com/uk/hotnews/

Have a look in the paragraph there "Join us for the Grand Opening of the Apple Store, Regent Street, on Saturday November 20th at 10.00 am. Free T-shirts will be given to the first 2,500 people through the doors, and 300 Lucky Bags worth over £700 will be available for just £249"

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
sorry, in your first post you made it sound like the first 300 people would be given lucky bags for free. Is that the case? or will you have to buy them? i'm not gonna fork out £249 for a lucky bag even if its worth more! what do you get in it though?

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
I should have worded that first post better, the lucky bags will cost £249 but will contain an estimated £700 worth of content. As far as I know the San Francisco stores lucky bags contained iPods or iPod mini's, an Airport extreme base station, a bluetooth adaptor, software and some other bits and bobs.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
cheekyspanky said:
I should have worded that first post better, the lucky bags will cost £249 but will contain an estimated £700 worth of content. As far as I know the San Francisco stores lucky bags contained iPods or iPod mini's, an Airport extreme base station, a bluetooth adaptor, software and some other bits and bobs.

Yeah, expect allot of old Apple stock they are having trouble shifting. AE base stations, wireless keyboards and mice...but 250 POUNDS is like 2* the USA cost of the bags, which suggests you guys might also be getting AXs and iPod Minis (in less popular colours).

Wow 700 Pounds is like $2000 Ozi...12" inch ibooks anyone ;)

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Wonder how many photoPods are in those bags?! Haven't decided whether I'm going to brave it to be one of the first few but I am looking forward to having an Apple store in London.

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
cheers for clearing it up, i would like to be one of the first to go in the store but it would mean getting up!!! still i should be awesome to have a 14 metre long genius bar there! does anyone know if the pro level talks will be any good? any good ones that people have been to in the US?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
erik1975 said:
I wonder how many people will stick out the night to get in??

Seeing as it's only a 20 min walk/5min by cab from my place, I may get there early, 4-5am-ish...

I'll bring my thermos & credit-card

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.