Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tshakey

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
England
Apple has been advertising for jobs for a long time for it's Southampton store, i've been to visit and there's just a large facade with the apple logo and apple.com written on it, its been like that for ages
Does anyone have any info on when its gonna b opened? wud b awesome to have a store in the south!!

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
There are stores in the south lke the Bluewater shopping centre one and the Regents Street store but not as far south as Southampton

tshakey

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
England
lol good point, when the so'ton store opens it will be the closest to me, that facade in the shopping centre is so frustrating though!!
when can i get in there?
also, do they ever do opening sales at their new stores?

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
lol good point, when the so'ton store opens it will be the closest to me, that facade in the shopping centre is so frustrating though!!
when can i get in there?
also, do they ever do opening sales at their new stores?

No sales i dont think but if you are one of the first 1000 in the store, you get a free Tshirt

witness

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
We've been waiting for the Southampton store for almost a year now since the first announcement. Originally it was advertised as opening "later in 2006".

I hope that Apple haven't changed their UK Retail strategy. They were recruiting, but that seems to have stopped now, so either the've found everyone that they need or they're putting the store on hold :eek:

I've been waiting for it to open for a couple of months now so that I can take my MBP in for repair, I would have expected it to open before Christmas so I hope that they are still going to open it and soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.