Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farmaceut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2018
Hey there,

I've recently purchased a MacBook Pro for myself and now I'm looking for a display. I have to admit, I'm considering the Apple Studio Display, but I'm hesitant to make the purchase if a new one is expected to be released soon. This one has nearly 2 years. I've heard some rumors, but they've been sparse. Perhaps I've missed something...

Thanks for advice!

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Nobody knows. There have been many threads on this topic already.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
Unfortunate fact is that Apple does not have a very predictable monitor release schedule. The Thunderbolt Display was the latest and greatest for what? 7 years?

farmaceut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2018
I am raising the question because it appears that ASD is not available in retail stores like other Apple products, only on Apple.com. This raises doubts for me about whether a new one is expected anytime soon

AppleFan.

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2024
Hey there,

I've recently purchased a MacBook Pro for myself and now I'm looking for a display. I have to admit, I'm considering the Apple Studio Display, but I'm hesitant to make the purchase if a new one is expected to be released soon. This one has nearly 2 years. I've heard some rumors, but they've been sparse. Perhaps I've missed something...

Thanks for advice!
I own the Studio Display and I have been really enjoying it. If you need or want features like HDR support or higher refresh rate, it would be worth to wait because the Studio Display doesn't support that. It's hard to predict when a new Apple monitor will come out.

If there is anything you would like to know about the Studio Display I would be happy to help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.