Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
i hope this is true!

i am a 4G contractor right now here in T-mobile and i'll tell you HSPA+ is not as fast as verizon LTE but hey, there is no cap! right now im testing HSPA+ and im getting 4mbps on mytouch.

i hope this merging will not push thru.. or else, at&t will only butcher t-mobile good network..

4mbps on hspa+ ? We've been getting 4mbps speeds for a few years now.

You know, t-mobile starting this nonsense of hspa+ as 4G, they deserve to have their network butchered.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
4mbps on hspa+ ? We've been getting 4mbps speeds for a few years now.

You know, t-mobile starting this nonsense of hspa+ as 4G, they deserve to have their network butchered.

really? can you show me your At&t speedtest?

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
why do people believe this is possible? Apple will not allow one carrier to undersell the other on the SAME DEVICE...just won't happen it's bad for sales...which is why there is no competition between AT&T and Verizon...similar plans on voice text and data...otherwise everyone would play carrier swap every few month to get the best deal...if Tmobile gets the iPhone while still independent from AT&T you better believe you won't get unlimited everything for 70 bucks

Why wouldn't it be possible? Apple in no way dictates the plan pricing, just the hardware pricing. (although I believe they have fought for better data pricing, and mostly been ignored by ATT on that) Tmob is clearly cheaper in most standard calling plans. Data is the same price, more or less (the GB limits can differ), across all carriers, so that's not in question. Text plans are pretty similar, too. It's the phone plans that differ.

For instance, the base family plan from Tmob is $50, $60 from ATT and Verizon.

Not to mention that Sprint does offer unlimited everything for a single line for $70. That is for any smartphone, some of which cost more than the iPhone, so why would the iPhone change that part of the pricing?

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
really? can you show me your At&t speedtest?

I'm not on AT&T (been on Rogers and Wind in Canada). On Rogers/Fido or Bell/Telus/Virgin its not uncommon to consistently hit 5-6mbps on an iPhone or other phone (with hspa up to 7.2mbps). They've had hspa+ in many areas for over a year as well.

So hearing 4mbps out of hspa+ which is being marketed as 4G is just sad.

doobs22

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2009
Redwood City, California
I am sure any plans to launch it have been scrapped and this is just a left over prototype. You know Apple has a history of planning for every contingency, I am sure there are Sprint iPhones ready to go also. If Apple decides to release them they would be ready to go.

I very much hope Apple will have a Sprint phone -- I'll buy one that works on Sprint.

mactenchi

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
The thing that would make this rumor most plausible would be pictures of the antenna band, showing changes to support the different frequencies. Surprised they didn't include any.

doctor-don

macrumors 68000
Dec 26, 2008
Georgia USA
i hope this is true!

i am a 4G contractor right now here in T-mobile and i'll tell you HSPA+ is not as fast as verizon LTE but hey, there is no cap! right now im testing HSPA+ and im getting 4mbps on mytouch.

i hope this merging will not push thru.. or else, at&t will only butcher t-mobile good network..

Not to mention what they will do to the T-Mobile employees.

DeathChill

macrumors 68000
Jul 15, 2005
I'm not on AT&T (been on Rogers and Wind in Canada). On Rogers/Fido or Bell/Telus/Virgin its not uncommon to consistently hit 5-6mbps on an iPhone or other phone (with hspa up to 7.2mbps). They've had hspa+ in many areas for over a year as well.

So hearing 4mbps out of hspa+ which is being marketed as 4G is just sad.

This is quite true. I am on Rogers in the Vancouver area and hit 5-6 Mbps (got screen caps if necessary) all the time. We've also had HSPA+ rolled out for over a year, yes.

s.meezy

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
ZOMG u ppl will believe anything! N94 and phone number are TAPED ONTO the back of the phone... there's a lot going on here, lulz.
#1: Fake Carrier via Cydia
#2: Microsoft Paint
#3: Labeling machine

To everyone in this thread saying Android is garbage, to you, you're right. Plz, there's a difference between fact and opinion...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.