Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
It has little arms to push Surface over for being snarky.

Although that would be a cute commercial for Apple to show an AR.drone and other iOS only toys that run circles around surface!

That is an awesome idea for a commercial! It does not, however, sound like it is the style of commercial that Applle would run (at least not based on the recent commercials we've seen from them).

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
This seems very, very unlikely. By adding a keyboard they create competition for their very own Macbook Air.

That never stopped them before - Apple have said several times they're not worried about cannibalising their products. The iPad itself cannibalises the laptops and they have admitted this on some of the earnings conference calls. Besides, a keyboard doesn't make the iPad a full-fledged laptop.

Also: Other vendors are doing it now. Microsoft, but also Asus with the T100. There's a market for keyboard-equipped tablets and if Apple doesn't address it, their competitors will. Any dollar spent on Apple products is a dollar won to them.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Given i have no idea who the guy even is, i'm gonna jump in and say, its not gonna be true.....

"The rumor is disturbing in this one"

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
Of course it does. It could be, just a keyboard, which it isn't.

Yes. And none of the 3rd party options actually does what it does, I was kind of disappointed that they didn't update it actually.
yeah, you're right, no one else has done a keyboard dock like that, surprisingly. Apple finally has lightning docks for iPhones...a year after first introducing the lightning connector...but, two separate ones for 5c/5s instead of one that could work with both is silly, plus they aren't getting great reviews, mostly due to how the implemented the headphone jack.

booyahbooyah

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2011
The bold word: Did you mean "without"?

I'd say the Microsoft integrated keyboard was better than Apple's keyboard - it also cost twice as much! And I suppose about 10% of customers are interested, maybe even less. Which explains Microsoft's huge sales numbers :D

Yes, 12" iPad with keyboard integrated would kill the Surface. Maybe not kill, more like "drag the dead body out of its grave and deposit it in the landfill".

You're funny dude -- do you blog anywhere? Would you like to? I'm about to put together a blog of "maverick" bloggers... and I'm looking for people with your kind of voice.

Rad99004

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2009
For those that use an iPad at work

I hope the keyboard will have a trackpad and the iPad 5 will have mouse support. If it does I will buy it.

vi2867

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2006
Eastvale, CA
Where's all the leaked pictures for the covers, and 12 inch iPad. Usually there are leaked pictures from China with these products.:confused:

dol4n

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2012
Another proof that Tim can't innovate and operate as CEO.

Everytime I say that, people give me the Troll stamp.

ALL Apple innovations came when Steve was CEO.

Get rid of Tim asap, I'm sure they can find someone else more suited for the job... Now it feels like we are standing still, no new products or anything. Just minor specbumps year after year.

pierrer

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
has anybody realised how much the patented covers look like the new nokia ones just announced?

izells

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
Lol, where are all the "COPYERZZZZZZ" post?

Apple is clearly copying The Surface, but I'm sure the fanboyz will find a way to justify it.

But we all know when another phone with a finger scanner comes out everyone's going to be like "THESE PPL ALWAYS COPY APPLE!?!"

Many forget everyone has tried copying iPod, IPhone, IPad.....get real dude

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.