Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcamdk

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2013
Maybe producing good products before release????

What a novel idea; don't putty ****** ass products on the market before they are ready. Oh that's right the new management doesn't believe in that philosophy any more. It's all about the money now; it hasn't been about the quality for a long time.

Attachments

• applesucks.jpg
    applesucks.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 108

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020
So are they also going to bundle a fix for Photoshop screen flickering ?

Or is that going to be a separate update ?

I was under the impression that these things were shiny and that I must buy one because it has an Apple logo on it.......even though I have last years model which is the same but with less problems :confused::confused::confused:

What's going on ? I'm so scared ! I absolutely must but new Apple crap every couple of months or I'll...well I'll just have a hissy fit and piss myself ! ! !

Oh Poo

Last edited:

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
What's coming?

What's unbelievable?

Really, these posts are useless. If you have a viewpoint, express it for goodness sake.

Exactly, you should report these frivolous posts because they are violating the forum rules. The "Unbelievable" post didn't even make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I gotta try this issue when i get mine on Tuesday..

Apple seems to be having nothing but problems with new products... Last time, it was some people reporting on Retina displays with the "ghost' image.. Now, on the Air's, its wireless, and even reports i've seen dating back to some 2012 Air's. Why can't they get this right .. ?? You would think Apple has a long standing issue of this by now. There is so much it can be. And I can't understand what Apple is (or not) doing as part of their "improved" wireless testing. Obviously, they don't test "in-depth", since all they care about is getting it out... Not, how many will probably be returned back because of problems.

edit : lol @ AppleSeed..

Last edited:

Stiss

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2009
England
My own 11" Haswell Air is working perfectly. However, some of you may remember me mentioning that I work in technical support for a pretty well known UK retailer.

I had a customer yesterday with this problem. Ended up having to exchange thee computer. The problem sucks, but here's hoping Apple can fix it with this.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
They offered me a similar option when I reported WiFi drops during 10.7. I got a call from them. I had filled out a bug report on the matter. They essentially wanted me to brick my machine for their own purposes. Since like most people I need my computer for work amongst other things, I declined. For the time being I wired it to my modem and discontinued use of WiFi. The guy was a little annoyed and I ended the conversation with "You have developers, engineers and iMacs of your own."

Personally I feel that inviting the end level consumer to take part in these tests only allows for more bugs to be reported to the end level consumer (Such as MacRumors.com patrons) and make Apple look bad. Truth of course is bugs happen. Hardware issues happen. Most people I don't think know that. But then again most people who read about it here probably do know that.

No one is required to participate in the AppleSeed program and they specifically advise against running beta or developer preview builds on production machines. However the reason they have the program is to identify bugs and solutions that they can't identify in the lab alone. Microsoft makes beta versions available widespread for the same reason.

From what I have been hearing this issue with the 2013 MacBook Airs might be hardware based. Which is disappointing since I was planning on buying one in the fall. Now I won't.
That's speculation. The reason they are testing a software solution is to see if it is a software issue. If it isn't then they will likely need to make a mid-cycle change. Chances are it is a software issue.

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
What's coming? A slew of updates to fix a product that was supposed to 'work right out of the box'. That's what.

OK, do you at least understand why probably no one here understood what you were talking about in your first post?
Woulld have it been that hard to write a complete thought the first time around?

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
My guess is that Apple has contacted the likes of ASUSTeK, Belkin, Linksys, and Netgear to work on a solution to the MacBook Air Wi-Fi problem. Hopefully, the software update will ensure the new MacBook Airs work correctly with all 802.11ac routers, not just the AirPort Extreme.

DonaldE

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
I bought mine last Tuesday, and have spent considerable time with Apple Support trying to 'fix' this problem. It is frustrating that they obviously know about this, but would rather keep me hanging that level with me on it.

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
My guess is that Apple has contacted the likes of ASUSTeK, Belkin, Linksys, and Netgear to work on a solution to the MacBook Air Wi-Fi problem. Hopefully, the software update will ensure the new MacBook Airs work correctly with all 802.11ac routers, not just the AirPort Extreme.

Maybe we should all club together some money to donate some other routers to Apple, so they can test on these too?

The problem I (and many others) had with the MBA 2012 was with an Apple Airport. If they can't get it working with their own routers, then I give up...

denco101

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2013
Moncton, NB
At least they fix their problems, and usually pretty quickly too... If this were HP, they'd be telling everyone to do a hard reset and a battery pull on their machines and leave it at that.

A fix would involve disabling the wireless ac capabilities, and having the fans run at full speed for some reason...

It sucks that some people are having issues, but with a new model running new chips, it can happen. You ca also test all you want, and some kind of variable x never presented itself in the labs, but wreaks havoc once your machines go in the wild.

I've ALWAYS said that the important thing is how a company handles the problem, not if they have them; everyone has them.

DonaldE

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
I agree that things can, and will go wrong, and it is what they do about it that is important. In this case, what they are doing about it for me is waisting my time by pretending there is no problem. I have been told to go and work at a coffee shop to see if it happens there for example (which I did). It would be good if they were/are fixing the problem, but they are jerking me around.

----------

Thank you jlocke888

62, posts in this thread to kwow if the WIFI update works or not....

JP

I am not being a smarts** - what update?

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
I agree that things can, and will go wrong, and it is what they do about it that is important. In this case, what they are doing about it for me is waisting my time by pretending there is no problem. I have been told to go and work at a coffee shop to see if it happens there for example (which I did). It would be good if they were/are fixing the problem, but they are jerking me around.
Just return it.

You don't want to wait a month following their delaying tactics until any return period has elapsed only to find that it's actually a hardware problem.

DonaldE

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2013
Just return it.

You don't want to wait a month following their delaying tactics until any return period has elapsed only to find that it's actually a hardware problem.

I agree. I will return it on Tuesday. I will have to assume it will be the same problem on any MacBook Air 13", so will have to go another direction. Too bad - this was my first trip into MAC land too.

Matariel

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2009
I also noticed that Broadcom's "5G WiFi" brand lacks the hyphen (and is certainly less of a mouthful than "802.11ac"). Hmm...

Probably because their 802.11ac chip is based on a draft spec and was never certified by the Wi-Fi Alliance.

Last edited by a moderator:

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
I agree. I will return it on Tuesday. I will have to assume it will be the same problem on any MacBook Air 13", so will have to go another direction. Too bad - this was my first trip into MAC land too.

Well, it's sad to hear that Donald. At its best, the Mac experience is better than the Windows experience (IMO) - with more cohesive and usable system software, better device support and a much more integrated ecosystem. I also think the easy licensing of Apple store apps (usable across multiple computers) and their low cost is now a serious advantage compared to Windows.

The bad thing about the Mac platform is reliance on a single vendor, and that vendor's concentration on pretty designs over functionality. When Apple chooses not to build a machine in the category you want (headless desktop), waits years before updating other machines (top end desktop) or takes a decision you don't like (shiny screen iMacs, faulty WiFi MBAs) you're pretty much left without any alternate choice. For me, this is the main thing that sucks about the Mac experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.