Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

NewImage19.png
9to5Mac is reporting that Apple will announce a new version of the Mac Mini at next week's rumored media event, alongside the 13" Retina MacBook Pro and the iPad mini.
These new Mac minis are said to begin shipping immediately after announcement. Apple last redesigned the Mac mini with a unibody aluminum enclosure in 2010, and last updated the computer with faster processors last summer. These current Mac minis are on last-generation chipsets and lack USB 3.0, so we should be seeing those components updated in these new models.
According to the report, the Minis will come in similar configurations to current Mini models, two standard versions and a third setup that runs Mountain Lion Server.

The Mac Mini is overdue for an update; the last refresh occurred in July 2011, some 450 days ago.

Article Link: Apple to Launch New Mac Mini at Next Week's Media Event?

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
"Here's our new iPad mini, also we updated all the crap we don't really care about anymore like the Mac mini and iMac..."

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Ok, now this is beginning to sound like pre-WWDC rumors where basically we were getting a full line-up of updates (Mac Mini, iMac, Mac Pro, MacBooks). We all know how that ended up...

ahegele

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2012
if a mac mini, an ipad mini and a 13 inch retina macbook pro are launched and NOT a new iMac.... I will be very, very upset.

macchiato2009

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2009
rumors these days have started to become quite ridiculous...

12 models for the iPad Mini... to be launched at the same time as a new iMac, and a new 13" MBP Retina and now a new Mac mini...

yes, there will probably be some new products coming during Q1, but not during a single event :rolleyes:

Fynd

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
Is anything not going to be updated at this rumoured event? This is alot to have riding on something that's not 100% yet.

ZaYoOoD

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2010
Finally!
I have been struggling with my current Mac "which isn't bad, but lacks great RAM & USB 3.0) for a long time!

Aidan5806

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
At this point im starting to feel like it would be more worth the wait if apple went straight to haswell processors instead of going to ivy bridge only 4-5 months before haswell goes public. It would be great if they got prerelease haswell processors, but if not, im willing to wait.

LastMinuteMike

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2012
iMac?

Seems like everything has been "confirmed" to be updated at the event except for the iMac, let's pray together folks, and hope that Jesus isn't up to anything better than helping out some Mac-fans! :D

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2010
this is slowly becoming a Mac line up event than iPad event.I guess Apple wants to include them both in one magical event....;)

$10 we will see the new iMacs announced too.

jmcguckin

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2008
Akron, OH
there we go, this is the update I've been waiting for (not for myself, but for my Mom, who has been waiting for awhile now to upgrade from her archaic Dell desktop per my suggestion that there should be a Mac mini update very soon). really hoping this pans out so I can finally help her make the upgrade!

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Long live the Mini!

Bunch of people I know are switching from using just a MacBook to a Mini/iPad Combo (me included).

No PC company has come up with the same cool Nano computer as Apple. Some I know bought a Mini and use Windows on that.... :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.