Apple to press play on iTunes in Canada

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by SilvorX, Nov 26, 2004.

1. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

I found the puretracks co-CEO's take on iTunes coming to Canada hilarious:
    lets see.. I purchased almost 30 bucks worth of tunes on pure$..., and the quality is pure crud, the sound is too quiet, i actually have to turn my speakers onto the loudest as they can go to hear it well, and i guess he knows nothing about encoding techniques of aac vs wma :rolleyes:

the rest of the article is the same old yadda yadda yadda..
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20041125.witunz1125/BNStory/Technology

2. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Well. It's good to know that they have confirmation from Apple that they WILL launch in Canada by the end of the month.

I wonder how Puretracks can affirm that they will have more canadian content than iTunes music store. They're probably right but what are his sources? Probably a big baloney log laying in the back of his fridge (maybe with olives in it).

3. SilvorX thread starter macrumors 68000

SilvorX

his only sources are that puretracks basicallly controls the canadian music download market, in half a years time, maybe iTMS may have more canadian content in 1 weeks worth additions than puretracks has collected in a year and half

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Yes! It's about time Apple launched the iTunes Music Store in Canada. I hope Apple can work something out with the Japanese music authorities so iTMS can come there too. I agree with you about WMA - AAC is better, hands down.