Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoshAlfie

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2012
I could care less whether anyone else thinks my posts are outrageous or aggressive and I certainly don't need to consult any invisible rulebook of social norms before unleashing any (so-called-by others) aggression. This is an internet forum, not a high school clique.

Another thing I don't need is your advice on how to comport myself under an internet pseudonym. You're really going to conditionally instruct me to leave the forum? I seriously can't believe that on the one hand you are preaching about etiquette and then immediately you go around giving what can at best be considered unsolicited advice?

Your last paragraph is so full of LOL it's actually not even funny. Doubling processor speed in one year is impressive for tech these days? Where are we, 2008? This isn't iphone 2 we're talking about. You want to know what I call innovation? How about this?. And don't tell me "OH SURFACE THO!" There STILL is NOTHING like this product today.
Then quit whining and reporting people when they give you back the attitude you dish out. You are attracting this behaviour from others. So cop it :)

His last paragraph is true. The A7 processor has been universally lauded as being a significant achievement by Apple. It truly is innovative.

laserbeam273

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
Australia
You want to know what I call innovation? How about this?. And don't tell me "OH SURFACE THO!" There STILL is NOTHING like this product today.

That project was cancelled in 2010 - give me innovation that works.

Do you think any products on the market these days are really good?

Then quit whining and reporting people when they give you back the attitude you dish out. You are attracting this behaviour from others. So cop it :)

His last paragraph is true. The A7 processor has been universally lauded as being a significant achievement by Apple. It truly is innovative.

Thank you :)

MacRumors could do with some sort of down voting/spam functionality that YouTube and Stack Overflow has. It does a good job of clearing out the disliked posts, leaving the forums a lot nicer.

Last edited:

apesta

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2010
I could care less whether anyone else thinks my posts are outrageous or aggressive and I certainly don't need to consult any invisible rulebook of social norms before unleashing any (so-called-by others) aggression. This is an internet forum, not a high school clique.

Another thing I don't need is your advice on how to comport myself under an internet pseudonym. You're really going to conditionally instruct me to leave the forum? I seriously can't believe that on the one hand you are preaching about etiquette and then immediately you go around giving what can at best be considered unsolicited advice?

Your last paragraph is so full of LOL it's actually not even funny. Doubling processor speed in one year is impressive for tech these days? Where are we, 2008? This isn't iphone 2 we're talking about. You want to know what I call innovation? How about this?. And don't tell me "OH SURFACE THO!" There STILL is NOTHING like this product today.

I was rather excited about that Courier tablet back then before they canceled it. However why are you trying to show us an innovation that isn't even out on the market yet?

hansonjohn590

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2013
The company also claimed that 200 million iOS devices are running the new iOS 7 mobile operating system, making it the fastest software upgrade in history.

Considering you can't go back down, I wonder how legitimate that number is.:rolleyes:

How the hell is Toyota on there? It isn't the 80s anymore. The VW group sells far more cars world wide than Toyota does now a days. And with less recalls

What are you smoking? Toyota has dominated VW for years.

Pyrrhic Victory

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2012
That project was cancelled in 2010 - give me innovation that works.

Who's to say it doesn't work? Just because airhead Steve Ballmer blew it up because it wasn't Windows, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be an amazing new product EVEN THREE YEARS LATER if it was launched today.

Do you think any products on the market these days are really good?

I think the iPad 2 and iPhone 4s were really good by 2011 standards. You know, the last year that Jobs was in charge. Ever since then, it's been number crunchers and bean counters in charge, just doubling all the numbers and lazily slimming the product dimensions for no reason because they don't have any kind of product vision. Tim Cook is the next Ballmer and Apple is going to iterate itself out of a customer base with their absurd ripoff prices.

Thank you :)

MacRumors could do with some sort of down voting/spam functionality that YouTube and Stack Overflow has. It does a good job of clearing out the disliked posts, leaving the forums a lot nicer.

OHH I SEE! You just want an echo chamber where everybody has the exact same opinion as you and there are about five posts in every new thread. That's great! You and your buddies can have the entire forum all to yourselves!

----------

I was rather excited about that Courier tablet back then before they canceled it. However why are you trying to show us an innovation that isn't even out on the market yet?

Because the ONLY reason it never got to market is because Microsoft is run by a bunch of raging lunatics who won't make anything that doesn't run "Windows".

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I didn't realize so many people preferred coke over pepsi.

I dunno, I've never met anyone IRL who preferred Pepsi over Coke. At restaurants and cafés or wherever everyone would always ask for a coke, sometimes being met with "is Pepsi okay?".
No, it wasn't okay!

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
And then there is the success of iPhone 5S.

The haters are in for many sleepless nights.

TommyA6

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2013
IBM ranked higher than Microsoft.
That seems strange.

Nice that Apple is #1!

The world's most valuable company is not in the top-10: Exxon Mobil.

Except the world's most valuable company is the no.1 on the list ;)
Apple is worth around 60 billion more than Exxon mobile right now.

chriscrk

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2011
Planet Earth (?)
Does trolling every post on MR quoting that make you feel better ?

Yes people are complaining about innovation, no one is saying apple is doomed. That's just BS that is posted on MR..... On ever single post ;)

It was sarcasm though, lmao. I've never trolled about Apple here or anywhere else before lol.

futbalguy

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2007
I dunno, I've never met anyone IRL who preferred Pepsi over Coke. At restaurants and cafés or wherever everyone would always ask for a coke, sometimes being met with "is Pepsi okay?".
No, it wasn't okay!

I know lots of people that prefer Pepsi to Coke... And of course they ask if it is ok, you specifically ordered a Coke and they are letting you know that's not what you are going to get.

inscrewtable

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
But... I thought Apple was doomed? :confused:

Almost right...

appleisdomed.jpg

MyMac1976

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2013
They do a lot more than you may think. For example your local Walmart, Target or whatever supermarket is likely using IBM for the checkouts, receipt printers and backoffice. Then you've got their enterprise (beastly!) servers which get heavy use with distributed cloud hosting.

They also do bank systems (which most banks in the world use), credit card terminals, medical hardware, etc.

One of their best products (IMO) is their portable, modular datacenter.

Whilst they no longer really focus much on the consumer market, they are big in a lot more places than you may think :)

----------

The myopic views here never cease to amaze me.

NoNothing

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2003
Nonsense. Google completely redefined mapping and created amazing features like street view and directions. It still completely sets the bar for mapping, all efforts of the competition to the contrary.

Replace Google with Apple and mapping with smartphone in the above paragraph and you'll see why they belong in this list together.

Also, google is a category-defining verb. Something even Apple hasn't achieved yet.

Google created directions? Are you serious? Are you really serious?

And who users street view? 1 out of a hundred? A thousand? I have talked to a single person that used street view for more than an idle curiosity.

----------

And this is why most would see your view on tech as lacking. Anyone one that would point to a fully unrealized product that was impossible as presented in a conceptual video as "innovative" understands less about technology and innovation than the average 15 year old.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Microsoft has been side-lined
All about Apple and Google in this day and age

IBM is higher than Microsoft on this list but go to any pro-Microsoft forum and suggest MS would be more successful if they were more like IBM and not Apple and you get laughed off the forum. Microsoft has never been a hardware company. In Bill Gates mind, hardware was a cheap commodity and it was all about software. Not sure why they think getting deeper into the hardware business makes sense.

dannys1

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2007
UK
I could care less

You COULD care less? So you do care a bit then?

I think you meant to write "I couldn't care less". Thats the one that makes sense.

----------

You want to know what I call innovation? How about this?. And don't tell me "OH SURFACE THO!" There STILL is NOTHING like this product today.

You call concept ideas that were never made "innovation" - wow, amazing. If you hadn't noticed Apple never make concept videos or release ideas of projects they might do and then never make. But if you want to Youtube peoples ideas on Apple you can see iPhones that project onto the wall and floating holograms, innovation huh? (on another note that Microsoft courier concept was an awful idea, hence never making it to the market - you're an idiot).

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
YEAH IBM!!

The brand everyone knows but knows nothing about, not sure how they manage this :confused:

Ridiculous statement IBM is perhaps the largest and most well known/trusted vendor for business software.

Do you have any idea how many banks, hospitals, retail organizations, insurance companies, restaurant chains, Government agencies and so on around the world that rely on IBM enterprise software?

Of course it's up there with one of the world's most valuable brands.

NoNothing

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2003
You COULD care less? So you do care a bit then?

I think you meant to write "I couldn't care less". Thats the one that makes sense.

----------

You call concept ideas that were never made "innovation" - wow, amazing. If you hadn't noticed Apple never make concept videos or release ideas of projects they might do and then never make. But if you want to Youtube peoples ideas on Apple you can see iPhones that project onto the wall and floating holograms, innovation huh? (on another note that Microsoft courier concept was an awful idea, hence never making it to the market - you're an idiot).

DuckDuckGo Knowledge Navigator. It was in the time Apple had lost its way and believed innovation came from unrealized concepts and not actual shipping product.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.