Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pankik

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2013
Hi, I have a Apple TV 1 jailbroken with an external hdd (where the OS is installed) I have XMBC and everything but the problems is I don't know how to transfer movies in it. It already has some movies (because it came from my cousin) do I have to sync it again? Do I need a Mac? Cause I only have PC's here at home. Thank you!

Panch0

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2010
Virginia
ATV 1 acts sort of like an iPod. You sync it to iTunes (on PC or Mac) rather than streaming everything as you would on ATV2 or 3.

If the ATV is on the same network as your PC, it should show up in iTunes as a device. Sorry, I haven't done this for about 3 years, so I don't remember it very well, but I believe that on the ATV side, you should see a confirmation code that you need to enter into iTunes to authorize the sync. You should only have to do that once.

You may have to go into the settings menu on the ATV to tell it that you want to sync to a new iTunes library. I believe that is going to erase anything that is currently stored on the ATV, so make sure you really want to sync to your library.

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
Check the functionality of XBMC to see if it can stream content when pointing to the right computer on the network. You may need to SSH into the ATV like an iPod in order to modify the XBMC setting files. You will have to search online how to do it. Sorry, it's been a long time since I sold my ATV1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.