Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Made2Fit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
Hey, I have a usb drive mounted to my apple tv (2.4) I have AFP set up and transfer my files back and forth without any problems, however I recently have been having permission troubles. I have system preferences installed and disabled the firewall and along with allowing shares. The problem is a access a drive one time without problems, and a few minutes later I have lost write privileges. I log and chmod the folder but its only temporary. I also have my time machine set to backup to the drive, but every time it (or I manually) open the sparse bundle it immediately unmounts itself.
Any ideas??

PcBgone

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
I had this problem once...It was quite strange. I actually moved the drive from the network to a local drive on my Imac, and it would work fine, but sending it back to the network location, it would come up with the problems you have.

My solution was to use diskwarrior which repaired the drives directory. After that I didnt have that problem any longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.