Apple Updates Logic Pro X with Bug Fixes, Stability Enhancements

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 25, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

After launching Logic Pro X earlier this month, Apple has updated the audio software with a number of stability fixes and performance enhancements.
    [​IMG]
    Logic Pro X is described as Apple's most advanced Logic Pro software to date, offering a number of new creative tools for musicians, a redesigned interface, and an expanded collection of instruments and effects.

Logic Pro X can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for $199.99. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Apple Updates Logic Pro X with Bug Fixes, Stability Enhancements

2. macrumors 6502

99% of plugins I am using are 32 bit, and they don't work in Logic Pro X. Massive fail, Apple!

3. macrumors 6502a

Massive fail? really? Don't you just use the version you have, which worked fine until the recent release, and wait until the plug ins you need are rolled out in 64 bit version over the next few months, and then decide if you want to upgrade?

4. macrumors 6502a

Why is that Apples fault?

5. macrumors 68020

I suppose you think PT11 is a massive fail too, since it's all 64-bit? 100% of my plugins are 64-bit, so no problems for me!

6. macrumors member

I'm more impressed that you have 100 plugins!

7. macrumors 65816

kirky29

If I have Logic 9 installed and want Logic X, does it overwrite version 9? Or does it install a separate version of X? If so do I just then delete version 9 (move to trash) and all my plugins and content will remain the same?

8. macrumors newbie

Wrong, I would actually say that the massive fail should be blamed on your plugin developers. It's not like 64 bit technology was just discovered the other day....if these guys can't be bothered to rewrite some code and update their plugins after 4 years, perhaps it's time to dump them!

9. macrumors newbie

All companies should be forced to update plugins and software to 64 bit compatibility. 32 bit software and machines are part of the past not the future.

10. macrumors 6502

They're separated. Deleting either one or both will not disturb your plugins. So yeah, your plugins and content will remain the same. Logic Pro X only supports 64 bits plugins, just so you know :D

11. macrumors 68020

teknikal90

noone is forcing you to update you know....and if youre any serious about this you shouldnt upgrade for a while still...
    most likely a 64 bit version will be launched soon. if not, then those plug ins are outdated anyway and you should really get new, supported ones.
    cant imagine it to be too big of a problem...

12. macrumors 6502

Exactly. But in the few cases where you want to keep using 32-bit plugins, it's nice that Logic Pro 9 doesn't just disappear.

13. macrumors regular

I've been very impressed with LPX. LP9 was great, but this is really something else. Nice work, Apple. Looking forward to Aperture 4 or X or whatever you call it.

14. macrumors regular

It's about time that all 3rd party plugins are 64 bit. Apple created the bridge to help aid in the transition from 32 to 64, but after a certain time the 3rd party plugins should have been replaced with 64 bit capable versions. This is not an Apple problem, imo.

15. macrumors 68000

4God

FCPX XML fix?

16. macrumors 68030

I was just about to ask for an opinion on what everyone thought of X. I really want to make the jump. It looks slick.

17. macrumors newbie

Funny

he could also have 200, 300, 400, 500... plugins and so on :D

18. macrumors 68020

jayducharme

I really like it. I've worked with Logic since version 7, and although I liked its power and versatility, the interface needed work. Apple got it right with the new version.

I'm glad the update is out so quickly; I was working with a software instrument the other day and Logic crashed, just vanished from the screen. Hopefully that bug is fixed now.

19. macrumors 68020

What do you guys think of Logic vs Propellerhead Reason? I know they serve very different uses, but the solo musician without a lot of physical tracks is where I'm at. I have an old version of Reason I've been using and it's great. Not sure which one (or both) to upgrade to.

20. macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

lol, most apple users are so reliant on presets it's not even funny. I just sigh in professional environments, "I could do this if you bought this plugin". How were you hired again?

21. macrumors 68020

I must say, i am absolutely in love with Logic Pro X. Apple really delivered with this one.

22. macrumors 6502a

dannys1

99%?? What the hell devs are you using? Nearly everything worth having is updated to 64bit now!

23. macrumors member

travisbrowning

Anyone else getting a bug where full screen isn't displaying correctly?

24. macrumors newbie

Full release notes as follows. Some nice fixes here.

25. macrumors regular

I have 497 plugins....

over 200 are gone in logic X