Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batchtaster

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Updates 'MobileMe Gallery' for iPhone

125222-gallery-app-2.jpg

Apple yesterday issued a minor update to its MobileMe Gallery application for the iPhone and iPod touch, offering improvements for adding friends' galleries.
The update offers a more convenient way to add your friends' galleries so that you can view their photos as easily as your own. From the Galleries screen, tap Add a Friend and then Choose Contacts (the number in parentheses indicates how many MobileMe members are in your address book). The Gallery app shows you all your friends in your iPhone contacts with MobileMe accounts while checking to see if they have active galleries. Choose the ones you want and tap Add.
The update also brings new support for a dozen languages and stability improvements.

MobileMe Gallery was originally released in mid-January.

Article Link: Apple Updates 'MobileMe Gallery' for iPhone

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I wonder why nobody at Apple seems to have noticed that annoying twitch it does every freakin' time you rotate the iPhone ... You know, how it jumps to the new zoom level instead of smoothly transitioning like the native Photos app does? :mad:

mmzplanet

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
Florida
How about letting non-Mobile me friends/family be able to use the app to view your galleries?

Its not like they can't be accessed online anyway. Why not let the gallery app do the same?

macmanwa

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2008
New York, NY
Create Galleries...

Why oh why can't you create new MobileMe Galleries from the app! It seems stupid that you can do this on your computer only.

djejrejk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2007
Uhh...
MobileME.app > Flickr.app

Yahoo could learn something from this app... it loads much faster than the Flickr app. The Flickr app takes 2-5 mins just to fully load my stream.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
I wonder why the Safari method doesn't work anymore. You are required to use this app now for this MobileMe Gallery business.

Because they cannot offer the same performance and experience through Mobile Safari, so they create an App that can. Same as bookmarking you Gallery, only much better.

I wonder why people can't understand things are better when they become different.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
They need to reduce the cost of this service.

Down to what? Have you even a clue how many different features are rolled into Mobile Me? As it is they offer many discounts that get you a month to a year at $69. That's a steal for MobileMe. It's a great service that offers a lot. I'd literally be lost without it, and my iPhone would now be in the hands of the Empire.

BadCatOS

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2010
Chicago
Down to what? Have you even a clue how many different features are rolled into Mobile Me? As it is they offer many discounts that get you a month to a year at $69. That's a steal for MobileMe. It's a great service that offers a lot. I'd literally be lost without it, and my iPhone would now be in the hands of the Empire.

Mobile Me is a great value.

djalice

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2004
UK
Why oh why can't you create new MobileMe Galleries from the app! It seems stupid that you can do this on your computer only.

Yeah, this lack of a feature makes MobileMe virtually unusable for uploading photos from my iPhone.

What's the point of only being able to upload your 'day at the castle' to folders like 'bedroom fun' or 'the day granny died'. they need to sort this.

josef11

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
Apple Updates 'MobileMe Gallery' for iPhone

Hi
Apple has released an update to its MobileMe Gallery application for iPhone and iPod touch devices. MobileMe Gallery 1.1.1 adds support for downloading higher-resolution images when using an iPhone 4 on a Wi-Fi network. The update also notes additional bug fixes, and although no mention is made of iOS 4 support the update appears to add Fast App Switching capabilities as well, although no other specific iOS 4 multitasking features are available.

Earn an Extra $1000 to $1200 per month doing Part Time Data Entry Jobs! Work from home data entry jobs to post simple data submissions on Internet. Make $1 per entry. Easy form filling, data entry and ad posting jobs. No selling, No phone calls, No Marketing. No Investment. Bi-weekly payments. Full Training Provided.*Pls visit:**Data-Entry*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.