Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Uinluan

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
I am getting a green box that shows up by the digital crown when you go between the watch face and the app screen. Or occasionally when there is a change of information on the clock face. Is anyone else seeing that?

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
Anyone else having problems getting beats 1 to play when you select it from the music app on the watch. Keep getting an error on my iPhone stating "Unable to start station, there was a problem starting the station. Try again later".:(
Confirmed -- good catch.

Looks like its launching an incorrect feed. When I look in Music on my phone, the recently played list shows "Beats One" with a different logo from the properly working "Beats 1" below it. The weird "Beats One" one doesn't work from my phone and I get that same error.

I'll file a bug.

image.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeChild

ZeChild

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Glasgow, UK
Confirmed -- good catch.

Looks like its launching an incorrect feed. When I look in Music on my phone, the recently played list shows "Beats One" with a different logo from the properly working "Beats 1" below it. The weird "Beats One" one doesn't work from my phone and I get that same error.

I'll file a bug.

View attachment 567368

I've also filed a bug report just before I posted.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Just noticed that in the Alarm app, it now shows checkmarks when you select multiple days in the 'repeat' section. I don't know if this was in v1.0 but this definitely was broken in v2.0 beta 1 and 2. You could select the days but they wouldn't show any checkmarks so it was a little hard to tell which ones you selected.

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Anybody running in to problems with beta 3 on Apple Watch?

When I try to sign in to iCloud and Messages (after pairing my watch) screen. It says that my password can't be verified?

Anyone else?

Reactions: PirateP

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2012
UK
Just noticed that in the Alarm app, it now shows checkmarks when you select multiple days in the 'repeat' section. I don't know if this was in v1.0 but this definitely was broken in v2.0 beta 1 and 2. You could select the days but they wouldn't show any checkmarks so it was a little hard to tell which ones you selected.

You are correct. Issue I had this morning was the alarm was silent. I woke up after the alarm should have gone off but heard nothing. In the top right complication where the alarm time would normally be there was a countdown time, as if I had pressed "Snooze". Later on when I looked I had the Dismiss / Snooze screen displayed but again no sounds.

zulugod

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2012

When I try to sign in to iCloud and Messages (after pairing my watch) screen. It says that my password can't be verified?

Anyone else?

Yep, had the same thing. Temporarily disable Messages on your iPhone then re-enable it after the watch has finished pairing.

Justjay27

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2012
So how is B3 going guys?

So far so good..
Location is working for weather
getting all notifications (including all vibrations)
battery life is a HELL of a lot better

but i did have this problem when putting the watch on the charger (original charger that came in the box with the watch)

Attachments

• IMG_0025.PNG
    IMG_0025.PNG
    35 KB · Views: 134

Stupotpot

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I installed beta 3 last night and when I took the watch off the charger this morning, it had a message on the display that it now supports activation lock. Did I miss this in b2 or is this a new feature?

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
In beta 3, the alarm sound in nightstand mode has been tweaked.

Additionally, the time now changes to an orange color when the alarm is ringing instead of the usual green.

ThaRagingAsian

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2014
You are correct. Issue I had this morning was the alarm was silent. I woke up after the alarm should have gone off but heard nothing. In the top right complication where the alarm time would normally be there was a countdown time, as if I had pressed "Snooze". Later on when I looked I had the Dismiss / Snooze screen displayed but again no sounds.

I have the same problem too. I set my alarm and nothing happened. Looked at my watch and it showed it went off and if I should snooze or turn off. Set it up several times today and same problem. Tried reboot and all that. Nothing.

watchOS 2 question: Can apps "run in the background" where they would be the default view when you look at the watch (similar to the current exercise app)? I'm thinking of things like run apps, GPS apps, music apps, etc. Running app is really the one I care about the most.

(Yes, I know you can change the default to "last viewed app" but I don't want that)

PirateP

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Naboo Land

Anyone else?

Different issues for me. Watch face is no longer responsive. Doesn't show the clock when I raise my arm. It pretty much isn't working at all right now.

ZeChild

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Glasgow, UK
I installed beta 3 last night and when I took the watch off the charger this morning, it had a message on the display that it now supports activation lock. Did I miss this in b2 or is this a new feature?

Activation lock wasn't included in either previous beta, theres also a new setting in the watch app, under Apple Watch there's now the option to mark as missing.

LewisChapman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2015
Apparently the Haptic engine is supposed to be disabled in this seed (though others are reporting getting vibrations). Maybe thats what happened here.

Entirely? I am getting the haptic notifications on everything, more reliably than every other beta so far. IMO this is a very solid beta.

Reactions: Prattdizzle

Bradley Easton

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2015
Not sure if this issue is only in beta 3, but all my photos don't sync. It pulls around 20 through then the rest are grey squares.

jmcclain145

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
What's the fix to get past the "installation paused" screen to install OS beta 3? My watch is on the charger and it keeps saying to put it on said charger. Lol

LewisChapman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2015
What's the fix to get past the "installation paused" screen to install OS beta 3? My watch is on the charger and it keeps saying to put it on said charger. Lol

I had similar issues. I just kept restarting phone/watch and I kept the watch off the charger until it asked me to place it on the charger.

LewisChapman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2015
Ahh. And that worked for you? Did you get bit with the Apple ID sign in error also? I'm wondering if beta 3 fixes that.

Yes you've just got to keep at it. In fact I also reinstalled the second profile (I already had it downloaded and thought I'd try it) and maybe that helped.

I didn't have that issue myself. After the hassle of the charger/passcode problem everything went well and this beta has been running very well since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.