Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

jmcclain145

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Yes you've just got to keep at it. In fact I also reinstalled the second profile (I already had it downloaded and thought I'd try it) and maybe that helped.

I didn't have that issue myself. After the hassle of the charger/passcode problem everything went well and this beta has been running very well since.

Ok thanks. I'll try this, hopefully I can get this to work. Lol

Reactions: LewisChapman

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
New in beta 3, after a workout, you now get a activity icon next to active calories so you can see your progress at a glance.

2af8e8cc085284729e9a09967dffd8e1.jpg

Handy. I always used to switch to the activity app to see my progress. Now I don't have to.

HopefulHumanist

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2015
Not sure if it was this way in an earlier beta but in beta 3, the jellyfish motion face comes on a lot quicker. I hardly used it on 1.0.1 because it took so long to show the jellyfish but now it works as it always should have.

Reactions: jjm3

Iceage

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2010
I installed the profile but beta 3 is still not showing up. What's up with that?

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
In beta 3, nightstand mode no longer shows battery percentage. Instead, it shows a ring similar to the battery glance without the percentage.

It's a step down I think.

lewisd25

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2007
I didn't notice this in previous betas, but ALL workouts now count towards your exercise goal, even slow walking. The only issue is that we still can't adjust the exercise goal itself.

I also noticed that the heart rate monitor is FUBARed inside the workout app, but works via the glance.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
you can install the public beta 1 released yesterday

But that will only get you IOS 9 beta and it still won't get you the Watch O/S 2 beta... I'm not even sure you can find a link for the Watch O/S 2 beta 3 and you can't do an update from the Watch App because it will think the latest is still 1.0.1

Feel free to correct me.

anish16

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2015
But that will only get you IOS 9 beta and it still won't get you the Watch O/S 2 beta... I'm not even sure you can find a link for the Watch O/S 2 beta 3 and you can't do an update from the Watch App because it will think the latest is still 1.0.1

Feel free to correct me.

After I installed the Public Beta profile on my phone it did give me an option to update Apple Watch
I didn't do it though.

UPDATE: Installed public beta profile for Watch. Still shows 1.0.1 as latest version.

Last edited:

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
After I installed the Public Beta profile on my phone it did give me an option to update Apple Watch
I didn't do it though.

Can't blame you for that either. :) Did you get the option to update from the Apple Watch App - General / Software Update?

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
I just got that message about how this release includes the activation lock feature. Weird that I'd get the message 4 days after installing the b3 seed.

funtimenation

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2015
Canada
Was out all day yesterday with my watch connected to my iPhone running public beta 1
Watch on the 3rd beta
Got home with a phone dead after 16 hours
And the watch was at 5%, I used it to reply to a couple texts and searched up a few locations with siri and dismissed notifications throughout the day

Falcon703549

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2011
Hi, both my wife and I have Apple Watch running beta 3 - prior to updating, on watch 1.01 we were able to send heart beats and drawings but since updating, these don't seem to work.

Are we alone, has anyone experienced this?

I did read that haptics was not working in the beta and I wondered if it was referring to this part of the os.

Falcon703549

skadoo323

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2013
Hi, both my wife and I have Apple Watch running beta 3 - prior to updating, on watch 1.01 we were able to send heart beats and drawings but since updating, these don't seem to work.

Are we alone, has anyone experienced this?

I did read that haptics was not working in the beta and I wondered if it was referring to this part of the os.

Falcon703549

Looks like others have similar issues.
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/watchos-2-0-beta-3.1898932/page-4#post-21581248

CooKieMoNs7eR

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2009
I need some help guys, my apple watch is not pairing to my iPhone at all, I even tried to pair it manually but the iPhone can't detect it, I'm running iOS9 beta 3 on both devices but ever since I unpaired my watch I just can't seem to pair it again, I restarted both devices and even reset the watch but nothing is working ;(((((

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
This is your intermittent reminder that this thread is for showcasing new and undiscovered features in the beta, not for bugs and battery reports. The previous 17 posts are all off topic.

Reactions: Watabou
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.