Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

chuyn

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2015
Unless it was a fluke/glitch, my vibration for receiving an email felt different than it used to. I'm on 3.1.3 beta 1

cmbauer

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2016
I cant seem to get 3.1.3 to show. Even re downloaded the beta profile and nothing shows. Strange

axa7

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2016
Anyone else having problem with haptic engine since beta 3 update (serie 2)? For example, in the breathing application, there is no haptic feedback the 2 or 3 first breatbings.
Also, if I touch a facewatch to change it, no haptic feedback. Repeating the operation finally give me a haptic feed-back.
My watch is series 2 watchos 3.1
I also have this problem, wonder if this is bug or hatdware problem.
Can anyone test this issue? By go to setting menu and haptic setting, if you press increase haptic strenght the watch will not vibrate but after several time pressing the feedback is back.
thank you...

phgerin

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2016
My watch is series 2 watchos 3.1
I also have this problem, wonder if this is bug or hatdware problem.
Can anyone test this issue? By go to setting menu and haptic setting, if you press increase haptic strenght the watch will not vibrate but after several time pressing the feedback is back.
thank you...

Also had this problem, it was an hardware problem.

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
I just picked up a AW2 - on 3.1 and it didn't see my backup on my 3.1.1 device! (too new) so I wound up installing 3.1.3 beta on the new watch, just so it saw my backup from today. Not sure if that mattered, but it's all good.

Anyone know what the 3.1.3 beta does for battery life?

Defender2010

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2010
I just picked up a AW2 - on 3.1 and it didn't see my backup on my 3.1.1 device! (too new) so I wound up installing 3.1.3 beta on the new watch, just so it saw my backup from today. Not sure if that mattered, but it's all good.

Anyone know what the 3.1.3 beta does for battery life?
I actually think my series 0 watches are running better on 3.1.3 beta than any other version of watchOS 3. A lot of the stuttering animations are now gone. It seems faster overall and less graphical glitches. Battery is the same as any beta I've tried. Put my Watch on at 8am, it's now 2.10pm and it's at 89%.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I actually think my series 0 watches are running better on 3.1.3 beta than any other version of watchOS 3. A lot of the stuttering animations are now gone. It seems faster overall and less graphical glitches. Battery is the same as any beta I've tried. Put my Watch on at 8am, it's now 2.10pm and it's at 89%.

Would love to try that, but now that I'm out of warranty, my desire to test the betas will take a back seat to not bricking my Watch (no matter how small the chance is!). Suspect we'll see release on Tues-Weds though (especially if rumors of iOS 10.3 beta 1 dropping on 1/10 are accurate).

chuyn

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2015
Same experience here on my series 0. I'm very happy with it.

chuyn

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2015
Whenever you quote battery life you also need to specify the case size (38mm or 42mm). Assuming you're 42mm.
38mm actually. But I didn't quote battery life. I said I'm having the same experience of running better, smoother, battery life same as other betas. I'm not a heavy user. Mostly messages, weather, and the odd time using the home app to turn lights on/off. It's been on my wrist for 3 hrs now and says 97%. I usually take the watch off near the end of the night with more than 40% (17-18 hrs on), of which I'm very happy with.

Reactions: ManicMarc

ManicMarc

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2012
38mm actually. But I didn't quote battery life. I said I'm having the same experience of running better, smoother, battery life same as other betas. I'm not a heavy user. Mostly messages, weather, and the odd time using the home app to turn lights on/off. It's been on my wrist for 3 hrs now and says 97%. I usually take the watch off near the end of the night with more than 40% (17-18 hrs on), of which I'm very happy with.

Sorry I didn't mean "you" specifically! I can see how that might have sounded impudent! Should have said "we".
I find my S0 varies massively from day to day. Most days I'm down to 15% by the end (unless I charge it midway), but I do use the workout apps quite a bit.

Reactions: chuyn

chuyn

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2015
Sorry I didn't mean "you" specifically! I can see how that might have sounded impudent! Should have said "we".
I find my S0 varies massively from day to day. Most days I'm down to 15% by the end (unless I charge it midway), but I do use the workout apps quite a bit.
No worries, I was confused and later thought maybe it was because I quoted the other poster who mention his battery life as well :)

Reactions: ManicMarc

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Has this been made a release version yet? Still showing as 3.1 up to date.

3.1.1 is the latest release version. They skipped 3.1.2 and the current beta is 3.1.3. Are you on Series 2? That may be why you're showing 3.1 as the latest, as I recall they yanked 3.1.1 due to bricking issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.