Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral
Apple must be the only company in the world that people celebrate getting bills/invoices from them.

"Apple want my money, I have to pay Apple"
Yay lets celebrate. Party time.

Yes this is as wrong and absurd as it sounds.

What an obtuse interpretation of this thread. People are excited to see their cards charged only because it indicates that a piece of new tech they are excited for will soon ship.

Apparently you haven't noticed that lots of people around here are passionate about technology. The real mystery is why wet blankets like you bother to read and post to a thread like this.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I will say while i'm not really as closed minded as most Apple uses everywhere, i will say we do stick to that one corner in the room with super glue.

However once in a while, some of us like to wander away from that corner because it will get dusty. But usually we all just all concentrate again in another corner. :apple:

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
What an obtuse interpretation of this thread. People are excited to see their cards charged only because it indicates that a piece of new tech they are excited for will soon ship.

Apparently you haven't noticed that lots of people around here are passionate about technology. The real mystery is why wet blankets like you bother to read and post to a thread like this.

I think his point is, which is completely true, is that it's truly funny how people are tossing up so much money so willingly because :apple:.

Kudos to them for having such a cult following. Other brands only hope to have such a following and desire from customers to build something new so they can spend money on it.

In reality it's nothing shockingly new feature wise / technology wise and in some cases it's pretty limiting yet the dollars spent on it are incredible.

That's all.

antdub22

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Chicago
its only Tuesday, they will be processing/shipping orders all week .
I wont start getting worried until at least tomorrow. maybe even Thursday
things usually go in waves so maybe i will be part of the next one .

I want it Friday but i wont stress over it . Im the only one out of my friends to even order the damn so i wont have anyone flaunting a watch in my face so im cool

( on the other had CHARGE ME AND SHIP MY WATCH APPLE !!!!!!!!!!!)

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
hehe..... more money than sense....

Us Apple uses must be the wealthy bunch, although most other non-Apple users *this* excited over just a credit card being charged...

Apple makes this a reality.:cool:

antdub22

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Chicago
talked to apple and this is what i got

Awesome! Thanks for that, so your order looks great! It is still in the open status. Its very possible that the order will go into prepared for shipment and possibly ship out by Friday but its not a guarantee. You will however receive your Watch by its estimated latest delivery date. In this case that would be the 8th of May.

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Apple Watch Charges Begin Showing Up On Credit and Debit Cards

talked to apple and this is what i got

Awesome! Thanks for that, so your order looks great! It is still in the open status. Its very possible that the order will go into prepared for shipment and possibly ship out by Friday but its not a guarantee. You will however receive your Watch by its estimated latest delivery date. In this case that would be the 8th of May.

Translation: I provided no information but used an exclamation point to make you feel some excitement.

antdub22

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Chicago
HA HA ,

yea we went over my whole order and confirmed info .
He mention they will be processing orders all week so it can happen anyday
not to worry so much sicne it didnt get charged yesterday. 42mm sport space gray seems to be the popular one

hippi

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2015
Apple Watch fan reactions as Apple withdraws hundreds from their bank accounts:

tumblr_lxmaaag1SO1qzjka1o1_500.gif

I kid, I kid! I really I'm just envious of those getting their watches soon. Have fun with em, folks!

Last edited:

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011

I'll explain it better using a personal experience.
When ever I preorder anything, a WiiU game or Apple product or whatever, I'm really happy I pre-ordered it, really happy when I get it. I only check my CC account to make sure it's charged correctly. That's it. Seeing the bill is the worst part of owning new tech. It's cool to love pre-ordering new tech and enter the hype train. I do that too. So much fun.

But an article celebrating the fact Apple are charging people's credit cards now? That's just absurd and wrong. And you can't say it's because:
- Pre-orders have begun, there's a separate party for that and justifiably so as that's cool.
- information about shipping dates or products have been announced or changed. You know each such change is it's own separate MR article.

This is just people saying, "I've already pre-ordered the device, I know when it will ship, Apple have already confirmed the pre-order and estimated shipping date with the invoice sent to my email, so all good. But now Apple are officially taking my money from me, Yay lets party".
If this was not the case, then the article would not even exist in the first place. I don't remember too many new product launches that have articles solely dedicated to Apple taking the purchase price from their credit card accounts and nothing else.

Sure people are free to celebrate Apple taking their money. Free will and all. But it's a very weird thing to be celebrating. But some of the Apple fanatics are a pretty weird lot.

I an certainly on the Apple hype train and I love it. And I do love getting and pre-ordering new Apple products. But I will never celebrate Apple taking my money. They are a business and that's what businesses do to customers who purchase their products. Nothing special there . . . Apart from the fact Apple took their money and not some other company.

I guess some people just love giving their money to Apple.

yadmonkey

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2002
Western Spiral
I'll explain it better using a personal experience.
When ever I preorder anything, a WiiU game or Apple product or whatever, I'm really happy I pre-ordered it, really happy when I get it. I only check my CC account to make sure it's charged correctly. That's it. Seeing the bill is the worst part of owning new tech. It's cool to love pre-ordering new tech and enter the hype train. I do that too. So much fun.

But an article celebrating the fact Apple are charging people's credit cards now? That's just absurd and wrong. And you can't say it's because:
- Pre-orders have begun, there's a separate party for that and justifiably so as that's cool.
- information about shipping dates or products have been announced or changed. You know each such change is it's own separate MR article.

This is just people saying, "I've already pre-ordered the device, I know when it will ship, Apple have already confirmed the pre-order and estimated shipping date with the invoice sent to my email, so all good. But now Apple are officially taking my money from me, Yay lets party".
If this was not the case, then the article would not even exist in the first place. I don't remember too many new product launches that have articles solely dedicated to Apple taking the purchase price from their credit card accounts and nothing else.

Sure people are free to celebrate Apple taking their money. Free will and all. But it's a very weird thing to be celebrating. But some of the Apple fanatics are a pretty weird lot.

I an certainly on the Apple hype train and I love it. And I do love getting and pre-ordering new Apple products. But I will never celebrate Apple taking my money. They are a business and that's what businesses do to customers who purchase their products. Nothing special there . . . Apart from the fact Apple took their money and not some other company.

I guess some people just love giving their money to Apple.

I still think you're being obtuse (or just trolling). Read between the lines here. This isn't about Apple taking people's money. It's about this: If your card was charged then that's a clear indication that your order will be shipping on time, which many people are anxious about.

I think I speak for the others when I say that I am not excited to see Apple charge my card in-and-of-itself. I am excited for a good indication that I will have my watch on launch day.

Tiltasauras

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2015
Baltimore
I think I speak for the others when I say that I am not excited to see Apple charge my card in-and-of-itself. I am excited for a good indication that I will have my watch on launch day.

Exactly. If people had an exact delivery date people would be mildly interested to note that their card was charged and things were progressing. But people have no idea if they'll actually get something on 4/24, so a charged card is reason to celebrate.
SS with black sport band confirmed at 3:06AM EST, with an ETA of 4/24-5/8 and nothing to report.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
White 42mm Sport is preparing to ship. Card charged.
Space Gray 42mm Sport is still processing. Card not charged.

Is there a hold up with the Space Gray models? It seems everybody is having trouble with SG @ 12:03

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
I still think you're being obtuse (or just trolling). Read between the lines here. This isn't about Apple taking people's money. It's about this: If your card was charged then that's a clear indication that your order will be shipping on time, which many people are anxious about.

I read between the lines. People already got their confirmation emails and shipping dates from Apple. If you are waiting for a CC charge for proof, you simply didn't read your Apple invoice in your email in box.

And if you think I am trolling or being obtuse then you misunderstood what I said. People are celebrating (or just being rather happy) about a CC charge. That's all there is to it. (or they are waiting for the CC charge to tell them what Apple already told them in the invoice they got.

So people are either celebrating a CC charge (which is really weird) or not accepting their invoice Apple sent them as proof.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Apple Watch Charges Begin Showing Up On Credit and Debit Cards

I read between the lines. People already got their confirmation emails and shipping dates from Apple. If you are waiting for a CC charge for proof, you simply didn't read your Apple invoice in your email in box.

And if you think I am trolling or being obtuse then you misunderstood what I said. People are celebrating (or just being rather happy) about a CC charge. That's all there is to it. (or they are waiting for the CC charge to tell them what Apple already told them in the invoice they got.

So people are either celebrating a CC charge (which is really weird) or not accepting their invoice Apple sent them as proof.

Yup, that post just proves you're missing the point.

The fact that people are getting charged now is an indication that they're going to get their watch this Friday, rather than next week or week after. That's what the excitement is for.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
My card was charged about 4 hours ago (UK) for my 38 mm silver sports watch with white band. I'm getting quite excited now. #

cusquinho

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
Any cards charged today in US?

I have a 24-27 delivery window, otherwise I'll have to cancel :-( too bad

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Yup, that post just proves you're missing the point.

The fact that people are getting charged now is an indication that they're going to get their watch this Friday, rather than next week or week after. That's what the excitement is for.

That's what the invoice is for. People already know this. Your post proves you misunderstand the point I am making. I don't know of any other company that has their invoices praised so much like Apple ones. Feel free to tell me if people act like this to other companies. I don't know of every company that exists.

People don't need the CC being charged to know when their watch will ship. Sure they can use this info but Apple has already told them. This for most people is just people going "Yay Apple charged my CC, I get to give Apple money, this makes me so happy".

The rest of the people read their invoices, know when the products will be shipped to them and got on with their lives.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
That's what the invoice is for. People already know this. Your post proves you misunderstand the point I am making. I don't know of any other company that has their invoices praised so much like Apple ones. Feel free to tell me if people act like this to other companies. I don't know of every company that exists.

People don't need the CC being charged to know when their watch will ship. Sure they can use this info but Apple has already told them. This for most people is just people going "Yay Apple charged my CC, I get to give Apple money, this makes me so happy".

The rest of the people read their invoices, know when the products will be shipped to them and got on with their lives.

Until the charge, people only had a 2 week window. Being charged now means that its going to be at the beginning of the 2 week window, not being charged now means it's going to be near the end of the window. That's what the excitement is about, which yet again you show that you are still missing the point. People are excited about getting it sooner than later.

HackBook Pro

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
I'm getting pretty anxious about when my Watch will be coming in. I ordered the SS milanese loop at 2:13AM CT and I got the May 13-27th estimate. 2 minutes before I placed my order I had the earliest estimated delivery time.

Got in touch with Apple support to ask them if there is a chance I can get it close to the initial batch and I attached what they said. So my hopes are still up sort of! Haven't seen any charge posted to my account yet and it still says processing.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 10.14.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 10.14.16 AM.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 10.14.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-21 at 10.14.25 AM.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.