Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Teddysjam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2014
i have the series 1 watch I've noticed when On my wrist all notifications go there but I have it set to mirror my phone so when phone is setting on table or counter when I get a text my watch goes off but my phone doesn't light up or dong or no banner when I wake phone it's there then. When I take watch off wrist and charge it same thing. But when I shut watch off completely then they come to my phone in sleep mode I tired everything DND is not on all setting are correct just started doing this

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
This is the point of having an :apple:Watch so your iPhone is not used in notifications (as long as locked). Do you have a passcode set on your :apple:Watch? It sounds like you don't since once you remove it no longer does anything except display time and ask for a passcode.

Teddysjam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 19, 2014
This is the point of having an :apple:Watch so your iPhone is not used in notifications. Do you have a passcode set on your :apple:Watch? It sounds like you don't since one you remove it no longer does anything except display time and ask for a passcode.

I agree that's the point, but usually around 7pm or so I take watch off and charge it not wearing it now done for the day but still using phone but no texts are coming thru while its in sleep mode screen is off no banner or a ding noise about incoming notifications shouldn't have to wear watch till I go to bed to get all notifications

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I agree that's the point, but usually around 7pm or so I take watch off and charge it not wearing it now done for the day but still using phone but no texts are coming thru while its in sleep mode screen is off no banner or a ding noise about incoming notifications shouldn't have to wear watch till I go to bed to get all notifications
Sorry if English is not native but I can't really parse your post very well. If you have a passcode set then after you remove from your wrist nothing will go to the :apple:Watch. Do you have a passcode set? Is this what you are asking?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.