Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StefanWolves

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
I have no idea how this happened today... but I look down at my watch and THIS...

Anyone else had the same issue? I've read about marking on the watch face itself which can be buffed out. Anyone got a solution to buff both watch face & bracelet?

I'm in the U.K. so solutions readily available to me in local superstore chains would be great!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    708.6 KB · Views: 424
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    764.4 KB · Views: 361

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I have no idea how this happened today... but I look down at my watch and THIS...

Anyone else had the same issue? I've read about marking on the watch face itself which can be buffed out. Anyone got a solution to buff both watch face & bracelet?

I'm in the U.K. so solutions readily available to me in local superstore chains would be great!

To be honest with you I would just accept that a metal band will get scratched. If you have it polished it will only happen again. Even Omega and Rolex watches get scratches on the band as normal wear.

mark34

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2006
That's fairly big, but over time nice link bands get wear and tear and build character.

StefanWolves

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
To be honest with you I would just accept that a metal band will get scratched. If you have it polished it will only happen again. Even Omega and Rolex watches get scratches on the band as normal wear.
Yeah I get that, and the scratches on the side of the watch itself don't bother me. But this scratch on the band does. I can see it and it's bugging me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.