Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarredOwl

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2015
NC
I think that is probably correct (Wednesday). Mine just recently got a departure scan out of Korea.

jpur

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2008
I ordered an AW2 Sport with White nylon band on 9/9. I was originally given the 3-5 week window and have not seen any movement.

I had my credit card charged today and a UPS label has been created. Delivery estimate is Wed.

Last edited:

Lionheartaw

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
The unthinkable just happened....my Milanese black 42 Apple Watch just changed to "preparing for shipping"

Nearly had a heart attack when I saw the credit card transaction, then remembered that it was the watch lol

I ordered on the 16th and it updated 16 minutes ago.

Congrats! I hope it gets here as soon.
I put an alert for my CC as well. That's a good way to get to know the shipping update as well
[doublepost=1474903319][/doublepost]
Well my watch isn't arriving any time soon

Well don't be so sure. The shipping is all over the place. Don't be surprised if you get a shipping notification before few people who ordered 9/9

It's Tim Cook's Apple now not Steve job's
[doublepost=1474903432][/doublepost]
Giving me hope that mine (ordered on 9/20) may change status in the next week or so.

Yes...I hoping to see a change this week as well.
Mine got ordered 9/19.
But all scenario are defeated by out of order shipments:)

Reactions: chwhale

Socalshocker

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
Ordered mine (42mm SG sports) on 9/16 and got 3-5 week expected delivery for 10/17-10/28.

Got update from Apple this morning that it's shipping today 9/26 and expected delivery on this week.

wis*key

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2012
Bermuda Run, NC
This ain't my first (preorder) rodeo, so I figured I would have to wait for things to ship. Patience is a virtue and all that. Plus, if you aren't obsessively checking the status all the time, the time goes by more quickly and it's a nice surprise when it does show up. It's hard to do, I know.

The last go-round with the original Apple Watch, I ordered a 42mm SS with the black leather loop on April 10th. I got it on May 14th.

I think they are doing a much better job of handling the backorders this time.

This time I ordered a S2 42mm SS with the brown leather classic buckle. Ordered sometime around 3:20am Sept. 9th. It shipped on the 16th and I had it on the 20th. I changed my mind and decided to return it, as I thought I would rather get a sport model and then sell my S0 SS in order to get something a little different. Hermès, Edition, or plain old SS: I don't know yet.

So, I ordered the S2 42mm Sport in Space Grey with the Black Nylon band on Sept. 15th. It was due to arrive in 3-5 weeks, on Oct. 14th-29th. I saw it flip to "Preparing for Shipment" this morning and I've got a tracking number now, so they are handily beating their estimates.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Wrog

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2014
PacNW
This ain't my first (preorder) rodeo, so I figured I would have to wait for things to ship. Patience is a virtue and all that. Plus, if you aren't obsessively checking the status all the time, the time goes by more quickly and it's a nice surprise when it does show up. It's hard to do, I know.

The last go-round with the original Apple Watch, I ordered a 42mm SS with the black leather loop on April 10th. I got it on May 14th.

I think they are doing a much better job of handling the backorders this time.

This time I ordered a S2 42mm SS with the brown leather classic buckle. Ordered sometime around 3:20am Sept. 9th. It shipped on the 16th and I had it on the 20th. I changed my mind and decided to return it, as I thought I would rather get a sport model and then sell my S0 SS in order to get something a little different. Hermès, Edition, or plain old SS: I don't know yet.

So, I ordered the S2 42mm Sport in Space Grey with the Black Nylon band on Sept. 15th. It was due to arrive in 3-5 weeks, on Oct. 14th-29th. I saw it flip to "Preparing for Shipment" this morning and I've got a tracking number now, so they are handily beating their estimates.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Seems to be a lot more aluminum units out there than SS. Ordered silver 42 SS S2 on 9/13 and it's still processing.

Lionheartaw

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
Ordered mine (42mm SG sports) on 9/16 and got 3-5 week expected delivery for 10/17-10/28.

Got update from Apple this morning that it's shipping today 9/26 and expected delivery on this week.

Great...this is good. I did see a 9/17 order fill before 9/16 even though similar order.
But it is moving...that matters

Please keep sharing the shipping change:)

chwhale

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2007
Has anyone seen the shipping status change during a weekend? Just need to know whether to obsessively check it on weekends or just weekdays. ;)

rexboe

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
Mine was for Oct 14-27 and it shipped today be here Sept 28th 42mm space grey black nylon band

PBP

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2011

That's strange. Ordered the same model but on 9/13. Expected delivery for 10/11-10/24.

blwade

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2014
Mine was for Oct 14-27 and it shipped today be here Sept 28th 42mm space grey black nylon band

This is good to hear! I have a date of Oct 20 - Nov 2nd for the same model... if this ships first, I might stop considering a gold 42 mm with cocoa sport band. However, if I find a gold in stock somewhere first, I might jump on it!

SLM9555

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2012
Won't hurt. Whoever ships first you then cancel the other orders. But I'd stick with the BB one as you got credit for a future purchase and I'm pretty sure they'd void that credit if you cancelled the order.

They don't void the credit, it's for the false promise of delivery day. I used my credit and cancelled my order.

The Martian

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2016
Strange indeed. Did Apple throw out the FIFO rules?

I've been doing the Apple pre-order and back order thing for awhile now and I can tell you that I see them not follow FIFO almost all the time. All we can do is wait.

The Martian

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2016
So I ordered my Apple Watch S2 Space Gray 42mm with the Sport Band on 9/22. I have an estimated delivery date of 10/21 -11/3. Looks like I'll be waiting awhile. I am going to keep checking the local stores too but at least I have an order in and will be getting it eventually. The plus side is I did get my iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Matte Black on launch day so that is good.

I was just looking at my order and the updated it recently from 3-5 weeks to 3-4 weeks. I now have a date of 10/24 - 10/31. Things are looking up!

Lionheartaw

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
I was just looking at my order and the updated it recently from 3-5 weeks to 3-4 weeks. I now have a date of 10/24 - 10/31. Things are looking up!

Hmm...they are updating the shipping tie as well?? Did not know that.
Mine still is October 18-31

BlackbookGuy

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
I checked after reading a post here and mine also changed from 3-5 weeks to 3-4 weeks.

I ordered Friday Sept 23 FYI.

Trufunk

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2016
Texas
I checked after reading a post here and mine also changed from 3-5 weeks to 3-4 weeks.

I ordered Friday Sept 23 FYI.

Ordered one the same day at the store, I just looked and mine says the same 3-4 weeks too! Still may cancel for the cheaper price at B&H.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.