Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Amazon today has discounted the 41mm GPS Apple Watch Series 9 down to $295.20, from $399.00. This price is only available in the (PRODUCT)RED color, and it's a limited time deal at Amazon so be sure to check out the sale before it's fully claimed.

apple-watch-9-red.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

This is a new all-time low price on this model of the Series 9, beating previous low prices by about $5. Unfortunately, there aren't really any notable Apple Watch deals besides this sale, so you'll need to be sure the 41mm case size with the M/L Sport Band will fit your wrist.

This version of the Apple Watch features the S9 chip, a brighter display than the Series 8, and a new Double Tap feature. Our full Deals Roundup has more information on the latest Apple-related sales and bargains.

Article Link: Apple Watch Series 9 Drops to New Low Price of $295 on Amazon

coachgq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
I’ve been waring an aluminum AW7 with Nike sport band. I like the square face of the ultra, but always that it had to be too heavy to use daily. I weight the 7 vs the ultra with the trail band and the ultra was 4 grams heavier. I think I’m going to try to find an Ultra 1 to replace my AW7

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
The only drawback I can see is that bright red color. Don't know anyone who'd want a watch that color, other than a grade-schooler.
Plenty of people use watches as a fashion accessory - like earrings, ties, cufflinks or necklaces. Politicians wear subdued colors, then a bright red tie. For weddings, some guys like a classy tux and colorful Mickey Mouse cufflinks to show a little personality. Women wear big hoop earrings or gaudy necklaces with classy dresses to stand out. Or bright red lipstick to stand out.

GaryGnu

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2019
Oh, I used to be disgusted
And now, I try to be amused
But since their wings have got rusted
You know, the angels want to wear my red watch

• Haha
Reactions: darngooddesign

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
Almost bought this for my wife when there was a 199 flash sale.
Then I realized she would hate that color and never wear the thing.
I think it's time for Apple to retire the (Product) Red gimmick and just make normal annual donations to the Aids fund from now on because this color consistently undersells every other color option which is why it is always on sale.

Tony_YYZ

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
There’s a whole lot of ‘I’d never wear this, therefore nobody else would’ going on in this thread.

I’d wear it but I’m not ready for an upgrade yet. The price is appealing though.

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
There’s a whole lot of ‘I’d never wear this, therefore nobody else would’ going on in this thread.

I’d wear it but I’m not ready for an upgrade yet. The price is appealing though.
Well Tony Toronto, the fact it is the lowest selling color variant proves a lot of people aren’t wearing it. I was a big fan of the blue color but apparently that didn’t sell and wasn’t used for charity clout like the Red watch so they stopped offering it.

If you indeed like it, setup an alert on SlickDeals because it regularly goes on sale for 199 from Amazon and Walmart.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ

DogHouseDub

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
SF
Almost bought this for my wife when there was a 199 flash sale.
Then I realized she would hate that color and never wear the thing.
I think it's time for Apple to retire the (Product) Red gimmick and just make normal annual donations to the Aids fund from now on because this color consistently undersells every other color option which is why it is always on sale.
But they donate a whole dollar! And how would customers virtue signal without it? /s

CIA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2003
Well I wore a Product(RED) Apple watch 6 for years before upgrading to the 9. I wore it with the black band from my previous watch though. I agree the red band red on red watch was a little much. Overall though the subtle red of the watch casing (when paired with the normal black band) was a nice touch. I really like the (red) phone also but sadly it's not available for the Pro versions.

Also as a minor bonus knowing some money goes to help the charity, although that in no way influenced my purchase.

victorvictoria

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2023
Plenty of people use watches as a fashion accessory - like earrings, ties, cufflinks or necklaces. Politicians wear subdued colors, then a bright red tie. For weddings, some guys like a classy tux and colorful Mickey Mouse cufflinks to show a little personality. Women wear big hoop earrings or gaudy necklaces with classy dresses to stand out. Or bright red lipstick to stand out.
You're gonna stand out with a red watch, alright!

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good price for the Series 9. But would have liked the discount to be available for the other colours too.

Tony_YYZ

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
Well Tony Toronto, the fact it is the lowest selling color variant proves a lot of people aren’t wearing it. I was a big fan of the blue color but apparently that didn’t sell and wasn’t used for charity clout like the Red watch so they stopped offering it.

If you indeed like it, setup an alert on SlickDeals because it regularly goes on sale for 199 from Amazon and Walmart.
I mean it has to sell half decently otherwise they’d axe the colour entirely, charity reasons aside.

They may very well discontinue it for the next generation release but we’ll have to wait and see for that. If I was in the market for a new watch right now I’d definitely get the red one if buying an aluminum body. I’m waiting for the next gen release before retiring my S5, so long as there is a compelling functional reason to do so.

Unfortunately Slickdeals is US only and I don’t know of any comparable sites here in Canada. Thanks though.

Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.