Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bill4588

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
I just got a MacBook last night and I got applecare with it (it was a gift). But on the applecare it only says iBook....so will I still be able to use it? Or do I have to go back to the store and get one for MacBook?

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
bill4588 said:
I just got a MacBook last night and I got applecare with it (it was a gift). But on the applecare it only says iBook....so will I still be able to use it? Or do I have to go back to the store and get one for MacBook?

It will work. Same price, and Apple Stores are just selling the iBook box until they get MacBook AppleCare packages in stock.

bill4588

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Kennesaw, GA
netdog said:
It will work. Same price, and Apple Stores are just selling the iBook box until they get MacBook AppleCare packages in stock.
ok thanks! when should I activate it? The store said I have a 14 day return period if I just didnt like it....but I'm sure I'll just fall more in love with it :p . Should I wait another 13 days?

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
bill4588 said:
ok thanks! when should I activate it? The store said I have a 14 day return period if I just didnt like it....but I'm sure I'll just fall more in love with it :p . Should I wait another 13 days?

No reason not to wait. Just don't wait more than one year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.