Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaisoj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
The Netherlands
I recently purchased the monthly AppleCare+ in the US. When paying for the first month I used a Creditcard, but a few days later i received an email stating it’s important to link my AC+/iPhone/Apple Watch to my Apple ID.

Does somebody knows what happens if I don’t link my Apple ID with my AC+/iPhone/Apple Watch?
Will it still charge the original payment CC in the coming months or will AC+ be cancelled?

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
Any reason not to just follow what the email instructed? Not sure how you can have any of those things not connected to you apple id

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
Because I want to use a other CC for AC+ than what I have on my Apple ID.
From what an employee told me, AC+ has to use the card attached to your Apple ID. However, I would still call. You'll most likely get different answers from different people.

kaisoj

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
The Netherlands
Ah! Might be worth a call to Apple
Will call them on monday

From what an employee told me, AC+ has to use the card attached to your Apple ID. However, I would still call. You'll most likely get different answers from different people.
Yeah, the person below says original payment, so to make sure I will call tomorrow.

It will continue charge the original payment. l
Do you know this from your own experience or did AC told you this?

Reactions: mikext
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.