Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
Hmmm. Not sure. I'll have a look for you. I'm guessing in Stuffit's prefs you can ask it not to expand zips, and therefore by default OS X will do it.

BTW, WWDC 2005 is fixed. Redownload.

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
XIII said:
Hmmm. Not sure. I'll have a look for you. I'm guessing in Stuffit's prefs you can ask it not to expand zips, and therefore by default OS X will do it.

BTW, WWDC 2005 is fixed. Redownload.

nope, just checked that StuffIt wasn't assigned to expand .zip files.... maybe my download manager defaulted it.....

thanx for the fix.... downloading now.... :D

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
Cool to both of you. :D

Platform - yeah, its a nice server. :)

Eithanius - Sorry I can't help with your problem. :( I have no idea what to suggest. Maybe try a post in the Mac Help forums here. Anyway, enjoy WWDC 2005.

You all may be interested to know that we have transfered about 40GB of data I think.. it was 20 or so in the first day and a bit.. just waiting for an update.

Great stuff.

Get the word round please, and lets get visitors to this site. :)

Little King

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2005
Shrewsbury, UK
XIII said:
Cool to both of you. :D

Platform - yeah, its a nice server. :)

Eithanius - Sorry I can't help with your problem. :( I have no idea what to suggest. Maybe try a post in the Mac Help forums here. Anyway, enjoy WWDC 2005.

You all may be interested to know that we have transfered about 40GB of data I think.. it was 20 or so in the first day and a bit.. just waiting for an update.

Great stuff.

Jack, since you posted that we have shot up to 71.59 gigabytes. Well done everyone. :eek:

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
XIII said:

Um... has anybody try to submit this site to digg?! I think that would be a great idea but it would crash the servers if it got front paged so ill let you guys (the "founders) submit it, unless you want me to.

Great Job with this! I was just downloading at ~400KB/s and all this great content, you guy really should get some google ads, id click them for ya:D

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
runninmac said:
Um... has anybody try to submit this site to digg?! I think that would be a great idea but it would crash the servers if it got front paged so ill let you guys (the "founders) submit it, unless you want me to.

Great Job with this! I was just downloading at ~400KB/s and all this great content, you guy really should get some google ads, id click them for ya:D

:D

71.59GB data transfered, NICE.

What do you all think about ads? It would let us pay Larry hopefully..

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
i suppose we could do some text ads. but i dont want large banner ads all over the place. the site has a good feel and flow which i dont want messed up by stupid flashing pictures of usless things.

UberMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2005
England
Whoa! Love the site! It's brilliant! I'd like to see a couple of extras if anybody has them:

The Keynote where Steve was renamed "CEO" from his previous "iCEO" (I'm not sure which keynote this was but I know it exists somewhere!)

The Keynote where Steve was named "iCEO" (I'm not actually sure if this was ever done at a keynote or whether it was a press release - still...it would be cool!)

Thanks, Uber!

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
the keynote where steve gives him self the title of iCEO is MWSF 2000 and it is on the site. Thank you for the compliments. Its really amazing to see something you put time into become so large so quickly. Im not quite sure if he ever announced dropping the iCEO title. I think it was just a quiet thing.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
Thanks for the compliments. There may be some fundamental changes coming soon.. we are using a lot of bandwidth, and it is only gonna get higher. I'll let you all know what happening. :)

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
XIII said:
Thanks for the compliments. There may be some fundamental changes coming soon.. we are using a lot of bandwidth, and it is only gonna get higher. I'll let you all know what happening. :)

Oh tell us whats happening! Are you going to us Bittorrent?

PS: How many hits are you guys getting?

Little King

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2005
Shrewsbury, UK
runninmac said:
Oh tell us whats happening! Are you going to us Bittorrent?

PS: How many hits are you guys getting?

We still haven't discussed the idea of using BitTorrent yet, that will have to wait until tomorrow. As will the hits... but I will tell you we are doing pretty good. We're not going to release them until a full 24 hour cycle has been since being featured on digg.com

Just to keep the suspense going... :p

typecase

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
Has anyone else had any trouble with WWDC 2003? About half way through VLC gave me an error and while I could go back I could go no further. Right about the time they were going to introduce the G5! :(

By the way, thanks so much to those involved for all your efforts on Applekeynotes. It's been great so far!

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
typecase said:
Has anyone else had any trouble with WWDC 2003? About half way through VLC gave me an error and while I could go back I could go no further. Right about the time they were going to introduce the G5! :(

By the way, thanks so much to those involved for all your efforts on Applekeynotes. It's been great so far!

:( Im having the same problem:(

Also I find I cant extract Macworld 2002

PM me if you find a fix... but still an awsomely great site!

Glenn Wolsey

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2005
New Zealand
XIII said:
:D

71.59GB data transfered, NICE.

What do you all think about ads? It would let us pay Larry hopefully..

That bandwidth will go way up when I'm back to broadband speed, I just got capped for going over my 10GB limit. Stupid AppleKeynotes taking up my bandwidth... ;)

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
Glenn Wolsey said:
That bandwidth will go way up when I'm back to broadband speed, I just got capped for going over my 10GB limit. Stupid AppleKeynotes taking up my bandwidth... ;)

I have no idea whats happening right now, but the site is conked. Damn 717 diggs. :p

We will try and get back up asap. A couple of things we are considering is partially using bittorrent for distribution, or looking into dedicated servers. Ho humm. We'll see. :)

Problems with Keynotes will be looked into once I can get to them, and see what the problems are. Sorry. :eek:

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
WWDC 2003 has problems isn't it....?

I couldn't extract it..... hangs my system instead...

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
Can you hold off contributing for a while please folks. :) We are just settling in on our new comfy server. :)

Thanks.

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
AppleKeynotes.com is now closed for good. We got served by Apple Legal tonight so everything has gone bye bye. Thank you to everyone who helped build the site into what it was and to everyone who donated. We are currently in talks with Apple to see what, if anything, we can do to stay online. Thanks again for all your hard work.

The AppleKeynotes.com Team

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.