Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
I watched the whole video and it's hard not to believe the comparison is between IBM users and concentration camp victims as someone else previously pointed out (and was down voted for saying so). The people they give the Macs to have sunken faces with makeup to make them look sick, and they are wearing chains in a prison like environment. The fighting scenes seem to involve the Mac people getting to these other people. The analogy seems pretty clear.

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007
"We don't talk about ///"

lol

----------

I watched the whole video and it's hard not to believe the comparison is between IBM users and concentration camp victims as someone else previously pointed out (and was down voted for saying so). The people they give the Macs to have sunken faces with makeup to make them look sick, and they are wearing chains in a prison like environment. The fighting scenes seem to involve the Mac people getting to these other people. The analogy seems pretty clear.

It was the 80s. People still had a sense of humor.

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Utterly tasteless at 1:45... comparing IBM users to concentration camp victims.

I love it when over-sensitive people utter something that makes no sense at all. There are absolutely NO references to concentration camp victims, just zombified office workers depicted as POWs.

So please stop this politically-correct whining - besides, it was just an internal corporate movie.

Best part: when they mention their past victories in WWI and WWII; when one of the soldiers asks about WWIII (Apple III), the girl soldier answers: "we don't talk about III." :D

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 233

kejur

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2005
The Adobe Press

Funny how at 8:40 in the full video you see a newspaper with the words "Flash News" printed on the top left. Hmmmm.

al256

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2001
I now know what to go as for my Halloween costume this year... :D

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011
"Woz" reference at 2:44, "Mouse" reference at 3:17 and "One more thing" reference at about 3:22. :cool:

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Regarding the people who died in Nazi concentration camps...

I really don't think they're all up in Heaven right now worrying about an Apple ad from over 25 years ago.

Again, there was absolutely NOTHING in that internal movie that resembles anything like concentration camps...just stop it, please.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
"We don't talk about ///"

lol

----------

It was the 80s. People still had a sense of humor.

I didn't say it was or wasn't funny. I was explaining the analogy. Is everyone who was down voting me down voting their own projection onto what I said?

By the way, I love inappropriate humor, all sorts, Sarah Silverman, anything with a Sedaris in it, Louis CK. This wasn't funny (I am now saying it wasn't funny), though, and not because it was inappropriate. But for a workplace, it was pretty inappropriate. Dark and unfunny, a bad workplace combo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.