Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
My computer is set to update to Apples atomic clock, but recently my computer says the server is down and my clock hasnt uptated in about a week. Is this a problem others are having or is it just me?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Apple's atomic clock?

They have their own? Where do they keep it? I've been and seen the one at the Naval Observatory here in DC - and one of the people who works there has the best job title

Right on his door is

Dr. John Smith (don't remember his name)
Director of Time

D

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
I don't think Apple has their own. Sure, they have an NTP server, but I've never heard of them having their own atomic clock...

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
atomic clock server error

I have been getting error messeges saying that the clock cannot uptade because the server isnt responding. This has been happening over the past week now. Is anyone else experiencing this?

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Re: Apples atomic clock

Originally posted by MacNut
My computer is set to update to Apples atomic clock, but recently my computer says the server is down and my clock hasnt uptated in about a week. Is this a problem others are having or is it just me?

When server you syncing with? Have you tried all three???

Lz0

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2002
Melbourne
Like madamimadam said there is more than one server to try. And like all servers they must have downtime (no pun intended).

P.S. madamimadam Love your location: BrisVegas... the place to be.... or is that Melbourne???

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by Lz0
P.S. madamimadam Love your location: BrisVegas... the place to be.... or is that Melbourne???

ROFL... I am actually originally from Melbourne but I thought those rego plates were halerious... talk about vain.
:) :) :)

On a side note, I had a ticket to the Grand Final last week but did not go after I found out Virgin wanted $600 to get down there.... what a rip off.

I was going for the wood anyway
;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.