Apple's Developer Center Coming Back Online After 8 Day Outage

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 26, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

It appears that Apple is slowly bringing its Developer Center online after more than a week of outage. Several developers have notified MacRumors that they are now able to enter the site and reports on Twitter confirm that the Developer Center is once again accessible. Earlier this week, Apple outlined a plan for restoring functionality to the site.

According to the new status page, several systems are up and running, including Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles, Software Downloads, Safari Dev Center, iOS Dev Center, and Mac Dev Center. Other areas of the site, including the technical support sections and the forums, are still offline at this time.

[​IMG]
    Apple's Developer Center first went offline last Thursday, and on Sunday, Apple revealed that it had been taken down as a precaution after a security breach. It is unclear who was responsible for the hacking, but a security researcher has suggested that he might be to blame for the outage.

Apple has been "working around the clock" on a complete overhaul of its developer systems since the Developer Center was taken down and has noted that developer memberships and apps set to expire during the outage will be given an extension to account for the significant downtime.

While the developer portal looks largely the same, it is likely that sweeping internal changes have been implemented. After news of the security breach, Apple said that it was completely overhauling its developer system, updating server software, and rebuilding its entire database.

Article Link: Apple's Developer Center Coming Back Online After 8 Day Outage

2. macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

3. macrumors regular

4. macrumors member

5. macrumors member

erangaj

6. macrumors 6502a

CrazyForApple

7. macrumors 6502

8. macrumors 6502

Well they've certain lost data. I've lost a handful of devices I registered a week before the incident and several provisioning profiles I created.

I've even lost App IDs I've setup. A bit worrying...

9. macrumors P6

Peace

10. macrumors member

It says my developer accounts are expiring on the 5th of August? Anyone else getting this? I literally just bought this in June....

11. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

12. macrumors 65816

13. jmh600cbr, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013

macrumors 6502

jmh600cbr

Sweet can we have beta 4 now? i'm tired of not being able to answer calls.

edit: in all seriousness, it'll probably come monday, hopefully with greater map support.

14. macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Personally, I think it was always slated for the 29th, but who knows. Glad the dev center is back.

15. macrumors newbie

So I guess we'll see iOS 7 Beta 4 on Monday then.

16. macrumors 68030

Shows just how dependent the Apple developer community has become of on-line certificates and the like. IMO, this is a big wake-up call to many who are dependent on Internet connections for day to day developer work.

17. macrumors 6502a

Casiotone

18. macrumors 68020

19. macrumors 6502a

Sirious

This is great. Everything is being done so systematically. It's really nice to see how Apple is handling the situation and updating us like this.

20. macrumors member

21. macrumors 68020

iapplelove

22. macrumors 6502a

Casiotone

Yes it is.

23. macrumors 68020

iapplelove

It's not fully up

24. macrumors 6502a

Casiotone

The Mac and iOS member centers are up, according to the status page. (And according to reality too, I'm currently browsing them.)

25. macrumors member

Scyanide

Think you're talking about the dev centers not the member center