Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
Another reason not to trust your documents exclusively to iCloud. If Apple goes the route of trying to strongly encourage iCloud over local storage they darn well better get higher reliability and more uptime than they deliver now.

Reactions: tonyr6

moderngamenewb

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2011
Down for me in California. Was wondering why I kept getting prompted to enter my iCloud password on my iPad even though it had worked this morning.

Edit: I see now that it's fixed.

Last edited:

alandanziger

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2010
Well, that sucks. I had assumed the problem was with the iPhone I was setting up... Because I checked the System Status page and it said everything was good. This isn't helping my opinion of current Apple... (And trust me, I'm a big fan.)

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
glad it wasn't just me.

I checked those websites to see if it was working or not and they all said "yes, iCloud is still working" but i guess that was not a logged in iCloud.com

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
It was down for a short period of time for me too. I started getting error Messages in some iCloud applications (Mail, iCal), and my computer froze (I really shouldn't be using Lion). A restart seems to have fixed it, though.

Glad I'm not the only one with the issue.

Val-kyrie

macrumors 68020
Feb 13, 2005
This outage is a reminder to myself why I will never trust my files to any cloud service.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
You're beating a dead horse. A majority of people do not and will not understand this even if Unicode themselves posted an article that Apple is not involved in the creation of Emoji.

Who creates them is not the issue....take the latest beta, the release notes refer to emoji and wallpapers as the main functionality, this is the issue people are having. It's been a trend in latest macOS and iOS releases, at least worthy of a few sarcastic comments

jadot

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2010
UK
No worries. I'm not new to this forum...

The following never seems to get into people's heads.

Unicode create the Emoji's, not Apple.

Do you understand the first part? Unicode are not Apple. Apple are not Unicode.

Apple are simply keeping up to date with the standard. If Apple didn't update them and left them outdated, they wouldn't work on newer devices.

....and MacRumors isn't owned or created by Apple either. I think he was poking fun at the fact that all we hear about (it seems) on MR are stories about Emoji updates. It feels like these press release style stories are all there is to report about Apple perhaps because they appear to be ignoring the glaring mis-steps that they have been fumbling lately. i.e. "Sorry we put the price of the MBP up so much, AND neutered it in the process, but hey - we have updated emoji's so, y'know $2K"

People 'understand' that Apple don't create the Emoji's, but we also understand that Apple seem to be being over backwards to make computers for Emoji users more than anything else.

craigriches

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2016

icloud_icon_blue.jpg
Apple's iCloud service appears to be down or working slowly for many users, according to reports sent in by MacRumors readers and comments on Twitter.

Customers who are affected by the outage are not able to log into the iCloud website and are receiving server error messages. iCloud features like Calendar and mail are also not working for users in areas where iCloud is down.

Apple's System Status page is not currently reporting an iCloud outage, but Apple often does not update the page until outages are resolved or close to being cleared up. There's no word on how long the outage might last, but most of the time, connection issues are resolved quickly.

Update: Apple's System Status page is now reporting an issue with iCloud Web Apps, which appear to have been unavailable for some users since 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

Update 2: As of 2:50 p.m. Pacific Time, Apple's System Status page suggests the iCloud outage has been resolved.

Article Link: Apple's iCloud Service Down for Some Users [Update: Fixed]
[doublepost=1481046017][/doublepost]Yep, and what gets me is that Apple wants all us sheeple to migrate to the Cloud for everything....dangerous times if the framework is riddled with instability.

Reactions: Morod
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.