Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bheleu

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
iPad HD to be released March 7th

I know people were hoping the, "and touch" was about a heptic textile display, but I believe it instead means it will be launched immediately after the March 7th event. Those at the event get theirs immediately, we all get to run to the Apple stores and pay for ours.

serferthom

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
My iPad 2 is up for auction now, if it's the 16 I'll have to go a whole week iPad less :-/

----------

Yeah unless they start getting ready for it today :) lol

Hmm yeah the stores arnt doing anything yet. So i think it will be the 16th! Unless something crazy happens on wednesday!!!

BobbyRond

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
The Hague, The Netherlands
Definitely a lot of items to ship in a short time period by air.

No doubt there's still tons of room on cargo ships.

If they simply starting shipping a bit further ahead of the public debut, there'd be less problem.

They want to have as little time as possible between the product being ready in China and the product being available in the US. The longer you wait, the more money it costs you.

thats crazy i thought air freight would be way too expensive, thought everything came over on cargo ships yet.

My uneducated guess would be that for a product launch they use air freight and for the regular supplies they would use cargo ships.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.