Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kilcher

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2011
You don't have to constantly stream it if you don't want to. You can download any tracks in your iTunes Match library to local storage on your device. If you know you're going to want xAlbum on your phone, download it (using your iPhone, iPad or computer) and listen to it. But I just don't understand the necessity of having every song with you at all times.

That's like saying we should all buy the new 8GB 5C and if we know what apps we'll need we can download them as we need them and delete them when we're done. People shouldn't have to do that. When I'm driving or at work listening to music the last thing I want to do is worry about downloading something. Not only is inconvenient but it takes the spontaneity out of it. It may be wishful thinking but 128GB is not out of the realm of possibility. Unlikely, yes, IMO, but a somewhat reasonable expecctation. I would assume most of the people asking for 128GB are willing to pay and pay well for it. They're not trying to force a higher cost option onto those that don't want it and they're not necessarily expecting Apple to offer it at the current 64GB price point. We want it and we're willing to pay for it. It's just frustrating when Apple won't take the extra money we're begging to throw at them. :)

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
The sooner the better! Now that iOS 7 has finally brought the polish of iOS back to Apple levels, I'm hoping they can just really build on that with another layer of polish on iOS 8. Couple that with a larger screen, and I'm onboard.

Oh... and Apple... Can you PLEASE give us the option of getting 128GB iPhones this time around???

Yes and Make the Base 32GB, enough with these cheesy 16GB devices that can only hold like 12GB

flur

macrumors 68020
Nov 12, 2012
apple will have multiple screen sizes for you cry babies. the 4" iPhone is too uncomfortable in my hand, and many many MANY other people's hands as well.

Don't you mean for *you* crybabies? Those of us who like the 4" screen aren't the ones crying.

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
Don't you mean for *you* crybabies? Those of us who like the 4" screen aren't the ones crying.

we're not crying, we're simply stating the obvious that a bigger phone = better.

and you'll be the first in line for a phone with a bigger screen. i'll remember this quote :rolleyes:

vsighi

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
San Diego, CA
It's clear like water...July lunch and here is my order Apple.
- 1 iPhone 5.5 screen
- 128 Gb Storage
- White color
- Apple blue costume case
- AT&T
Order number: # A1
Total $ 1,050.00 :D

JohnSFO

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010
It's clear like water...July lunch and here is my order Apple.
- 1 iPhone 5.5 screen
- 128 Gb Storage
- White color
- Apple blue costume case
- AT&T
Order number: # A1
Total $ 1,050.00 :D

I'll have what they're having! That's a CRAZY amount for a cell phone though, but probably not out of the realm of possibility for 128GB Apple phone.

W1LLk

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
San Antonio
I still highly doubt we'll see a June/July launch. They weren't motivated to move last year and they won't be swayed to move this year. The September/October time frame allows them to polish iOS 8 as well bolster inventories.

The unknown factor is the supposed iWatch. If it is sold as a companion piece, I suspect it will launch along side or after the new phone. Not before it.

JohnSFO

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2010
I still highly doubt we'll see a June/July launch. They weren't motivated to move last year and they won't be swayed to move this year. The September/October time frame allows them to polish iOS 8 as well bolster inventories.

I'd be fine with a July release and whatever version of iOS 7 they push out to go with it. Apple, please don't delay this exciting iPhone release because of iOS 8, which will likely look similar to iOS 7 anyway. Isn't it too quick to jump up to 8? Shouldn't that be a major update/design change? Is 7 old already??

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
Personally, I don't think Apple will size the screen of the iPhone 6 anything above circa 4.8"--about the same size as the screen on the Samsung Galaxy S III. Even if the new case is a minimal bezel design, it's going to be physically much wider than any previous iPhone, and Apple has to be very careful to make sure the majority of its functions can be operated from one hand (a major selling point for the iPhone 5, 5C and 5S).

Also, the iPhone 6--and (in my opinion) the new 12" iPad coming probably in February 2015--will represent an important change to iOS itself: the first version that accommodates almost any screen resolution. I wouldn't be surprised that Apple may do a "technology preview" of the new feature possibly as early as mid April 2014, and offer alpha versions at that time to certain companies (for example Twitter, Facebook, and a few others) so they can start writing test apps to take advantage of the screen resolution freedom. We will see a full public demo of iOS 8.0 with this change at WWDC, and developers will get the full beta version to start testing in preparation for the iPhone 6 launch in late September 2014 and the 12" iPad launch in February 2015.

Production of the iPhone 6 will probably start in June 2014 for pilot production runs, and in full production by August 2014.

dekatch

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2014
Apple's Manufacturing Partner Starts Preparing for iPhone 6 Production

The iPhone 6 has been rumored to launch with two different versions of the phone, one with a 4.7-inch display and one with a 5.7-inch display.

which is the stupidest thing they could possibly do.

they should at least offer an iPhone mini than like samsung, Sony, htc is doing it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.