Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Keep ignoring the evidence. Keep ignoring all the phones that were just like the iPhone prior to it. Keep those fingers tightly in your ears.

180px-Steve_Ballmer_LOLWUT.png

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I'm keeping my horse out of this race, but your image is an unfair comparison. You can't compare the iPhone's design to dumb phones' designs and point out there's a difference. While they were made by Samsung, they aren't in the same category of device which makes their existence here useless. It's almost like saying "Samsung released a dryer in 2009 that doesn't look like an iPhone, too!"

Uh ? This lawsuit is about external design, what does the internal and software have to do with it ? Of course you can compare those designs to the iPhone, that's what is being argued by Apple.

UnSainted

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2008
DFW, Texas
Treo

Anyone else think that Samsung phone in the bottom right of the picture looks exactly like a Palm Treo device? Perhaps Apple isnt the only one they copied.

Sorry looks like someone else posted before me about Hp/Palm..

.Joel

macrumors member
May 10, 2005
These Lawsuits do not make Apple look bad, it makes them look strong. It sends a direct and clear message that if you're going to rip off their work they are going to come after you. But alas kids, trolls and recently registered armchair muppets don't understand this.

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
Of course the phone design is going to radically change. The OS that they are using is a radical change. None of the previous smartphone OS's that Samsung using were really anything like Android, which is 100% touch screen based. The thing with a touch screen design is that it is going to be basically ALL SCREEN on the front, much like Apple's iPhone.

And that baffles me. Why Apple is going after hardware vendors instead of Google? I'm tired of hearing that Android was started to be developed before the announcement of the iPhone. Yes it was, but it was also a Windows Mobile and BB rip "clone". It later was changed to an iPhone OS "clone".

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
And, the fact that he was sitting on Apple's Board during iPhone talks.

What about the fact that it was Apple that invited him in the first place ? What about the fact that he would recluse himself from meetings where his position at Google placed him in a conflict of interest ?

Why ignore some of the facts that don't support the theory ? Why must Eric Schmidt be some evil guy ?

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
It's quite obvious Samsung copies Apple in almost everything:

really? these images again? They've pretty much all been debunked. But I guess some won't let it go.

1. I didn't make it. Fail on you.

2. Yes he was. Don't believe the 'nice' story that was put out there.

1. You tried to use it as a proof point. YOU failed.
2. No he wasn't. Just because some blogger wrote a HYPOTHESIS doesn't make it fact.

I have no idea how old you are - but these are scary times when bloggers and forum readers present opinions as facts and still others take that and believe them and regurgitate them as gospel. It's the scariest version of "operator" being played.

shootingrubber

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2009
? did you look at the photo?

At some point, you have to protect your intellectual knowledge and what you've CREATED, not copied.

This goes for any company.

I realize it does look silly, but let's say you started a company, created something fantastic and were ready to make millions. Then I came along, stole your design and ideas, then made millions.

I don't know you about you, but if the roles were reversed, I would want to go thermo-nuclear on you (or whomever that person/company was) :)

Things change, technology evolves. These lawsuits are just stupid. Everybody has taken ideas from other companies, Apple included.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
These Lawsuits do not make Apple look bad, it makes them look strong. It sends a direct and clear message that if you're going to rip off their work they are going to come after you. But alas kids, trolls and recently registered armchair muppets don't understand this.

It would if they actually won them. As it stands, they're losing more than they're winning. Shows their arguments and false pretentions of being the sole industry innovators are just that : arrogance on their part.

mplatvoet

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2012
Companies don't innovate

Companies don't innovate, this is such misconception. Companies combine, that's all.

Real innovation is government funded. Get over it, even you Apple.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
And that baffles me. Why Apple is going after hardware vendors instead of Google? I'm tired of hearing that Android was started to be developed before the announcement of the iPhone. Yes it was, but it was also a Windows Mobile and BB rip "clone". It later was changed to an iPhone OS "clone".

Samsung is Apple's biggest competitor right now.

And no - Android was device agnostic - designed to run on any kind of hardware. It wasn't a Windows Mobile clone or BB clone. I'm tired of people like you who try to change fantasy into fact.

12dylan34

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
I think that you're delusional if you don't think that Apple had a significant impact on the prevailing designs and features of phones since the release of the iPhone. You can say that there were full touch screen phones before the iPhone all you want, but the fact of the matter is that they sucked, and a lot of them still had physical keyboards built in.

Judas1

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2011
The picture is a lie within a lie. We can all agree that Samsung makes a lot of different phones right? From dumb phones to feature phones to smart phones. Why are all the phones shown just the ones that are radically different from a rectangular slab? They had rectangular slab phones. And why are some of the phones shown, feature phones, and not smart phones? Grabbing at straws I guess.

newcronos

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
Don't hold your breath, but when the next iPhone comes out you may see that it looks quite similar to Samsung Galaxy S3.

If this happens, you better believe it Samsung, you're going to get sued again! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.