Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rokach

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 22, 2013
At WWDC 2015 (June, 8) Apple presented the new major update for iOS,iOS 9.
Apple talks about what's new in iOS 9 and promised:
Some new features
New Apps
Much more
And the main change Bugs/Lags/Glitches Fixes And better battery life.
The developers received iOS 9 beta 1 with much bugs.
In September all users excited to receive iOS 9.
At September, 16 all users installed iOS 9 with smile :) because Apple promised Bugs/Lags/Glitches Fixes And better battery life.
But No!
The battery in iOS 9 drain faster than other iOS version, Apps crashes, All animations with lags, Safari bugs and much more.
So where are you Apple?! Tim you have enough battery to call me?!, Craig the switcher in your iPhone works without lags?!, Phil your iPhone works smoothly?
I think not ,Apple you sold a huge iOS devices and now all users stuck with the worst iOS ever, iOS 9.
Where the smoothly of iOS 3-6?
Since iOS 7, iOS not works good like before versions, You had 2 years to fix iOS, but still after 2 years has the same bugs/lags.
We want a stable and smoothly iOS without Bugs and Lags.
If someone from Apple read this please do something about iOS.
Thanks and sorry about my English.

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
Some new features
New Apps
Much more
At September, 16 all users installed iOS 9 with smile :) because Apple promised Bugs/Lags/Glitches Fixes And better battery life.
But No!
The battery in iOS 9 drain faster than other iOS version, Apps crashes, All animations with lags, Safari bugs and much more.
So where are you Apple?! Tim you have enough battery to call me?!, Craig the switcher in your iPhone works without lags?!, Phil your iPhone works smoothly?
I think not ,Apple you sold a huge iOS devices and now all users stuck with the worst iOS ever, iOS 9.
Since iOS 7, iOS not works good like before versions, You had 2 years to fix iOS, but still after 2 years has the same bugs/lags.
I agree, having nothing but problems trying to install on iPad Mini 4 my Mini 2's backup (that works fine on the Mini 2, I hasten to add!), laggy, buggy, and on and on.

Reactions: TRDmanAE86

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Some new features
New Apps
Much more
But No!

Reality, iOS 9 is great for me. Thanks for your input.

P.S.

Tim Cook is a CEO not in charge of iOS directly. Maybe you need Craig Federeghi to call you?

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Reality, iOS 9 is great for me. Thanks for your input.

P.S.

Tim Cook is a CEO not in charge of iOS directly. Maybe you need Craig Federeghi to call you?

That's what I don't understand - people blaming Tim Cook for the technicalities of iOS like he's in there developing it lol. I understand he has some responsibility, but Steve v Tim is never going to apply when you're referring to "bugs".

Reactions: The Doctor11

Looney01

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2015
That's what I don't understand - people blaming Tim Cook for the technicalities of iOS like he's in there developing it lol. I understand he has some responsibility, but Steve v Tim is never going to apply when you're referring to "bugs".

Tim is the CEO, yes Tim is the CEO and as the CEO, he should never have allowed iOS 9 to be released in such a state. In fact, he should have made sure that all devs working on iOS 9 worked overtime in order to get iOS 9 to the level in which he promised at WWDC. As the CEO, he is responsible, directly or indirectly.

Yes, I will blame Tim Cook because he is the CEO and he failed to deliver what he promised.

The difference between Steve and Tim? Well, Apple was Steves company. He loved his company. He had a passion for his company. He would never have allowed iOS 9 to be released like this. Nor iOS 7 or 8. Steve would have made the devs work overtime if need be to ensure iOS was ready for public release.

Tim is a schmuck who doesn't know what he's doing as far as I'm concerned. This is the 3rd iOS release under Tim's leadership that has not lived up to the expectations and quality that Apple was known for under Steve.

Everyone thinks Tim is such a fantastic CEO, he's really not. Just a bad imitation of Steve Jobs.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
To all of those complaining about how bad iOS 9 is - do any of you remember how bad iOS 8 was? iOS 9 is 100x more stable at release than iOS 8.0-8.2 were. I have no battery issues, easily get 8+ hours on my iPhone 6, I have no lag and no performance issues whatsoever. It is completely rock solid on my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6. Watch OS 2.0 on the other hand, not as stable. Can't get native apps to load.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
I am regretting updating iOSand Watch OS this week. Nothing but problems, problems, problems.

Siri doesn't seem to exist on my watch now. If she does respond it is that she doesn't know who "this name" is even though I've used her to send texts to "this name" a hundred times before. Then she tells me there is no Siri connection on my watch or phone even though my phone thinks otherwise. Most recent attempt froze the watch up.

The update to Watch OS2 was like getting a root canal. Errors, problems. Stuff I thought Apple was better with.

I had the battery drain issue today after updating yeaterday. Did the unpair re-pair today. Will see how that goes.

iOS 9 caused all kinds of trouble on my iPad Air and my phone. Just updated to 9.01 on both and will see if that helps but it sure isn't working with my watch.

I am getting pretty frustrated at this point.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
oh another one of these, just trying to find a weak spot to pick at apple for..so stay on ios 8.4.1 forever then problem solved all happy no need to make these thread right? (breathes after abnormally long sentence)

its like ios 9 is an epidemic...when *insert GIANT NUMBER here* are fine or pleased with it, as usual, with the EXACT SAME DEVICES as ur "lagging stuttering" device..if u want to pick at a company just cause "it sucks" or u think it sucks so that = it sucks in general for everyone, pick at google's android, especially gingerbread, god now THAT, was a stutterfest..software's fault too

deeznuts

macrumors member
May 27, 2015
oh another one of these, just trying to find a weak spot to pick at apple for..so stay on ios 8.4.1 forever then problem solved all happy no need to make these thread right? (breathes after abnormally long sentence)

its like ios 9 is an epidemic...when *insert GIANT NUMBER here* are fine or pleased with it, as usual, with the EXACT SAME DEVICES as ur "lagging stuttering" device..if u want to pick at a company just cause "it sucks" or u think it sucks so that = it sucks in general for everyone, pick at google's android, especially gingerbread, god now THAT, was a stutterfest..software's fault too
Exactly what I'm saying, if you're gonna complain about iOS 9, stay far away from it. We know iOS 9 needs a miracle so go straight back to 8.4.1. Easy as pie.

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
All you people do is complain. Why don't you go work for Apple & see how easy it is to fix bugs & what not.
Because I paid them top dollar for functionality. It used to work and the update has broken many things. I don't give a darn about how hard it is to fix bugs! Oh, poor, poor Apple with multi-billion dollar profits Quarterly.

Maybe stop rushing new features to market before they are properly tested just so you can sell a new $1,000 phone to someone who really does not need it. They are just buying it because of the new features. Well then you better make sure they work or you will do damage to your long term business!

If I wanted a crappy experience and buggy software I would use Android or MS.

Remeber the old Apple Ads? "It just works." Well now they've taken the low road and made paying customers involuntary Beta testers.

deeznuts

macrumors member
May 27, 2015
Because I laid them top dollar for functionality. It used to work and the update has broken many things. I don't give a darn about how hard it is to fix bugs! Oh, poor, poor Apple with multi-billion dollar profits Quarterly.

Maybe stop rushing new features to market before they are properly tested just so you can sell a new $1,000 phone to someone who really does not need it. They are just buying it because of the new features. Well then you better make sure they work or you will do damage to your long term business!
iOS 9 needs the works of works to fix. Why don't you put your foot in an Apple Engineer's shoe & see how easy it is?

Reactions: Mlrollin91

MartyCan

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2012
Near Toronto, ON
Well idk, complain to the engineers, not us. Thats why iOS 9.1 is in beta.
The OP was a complaint about promises not kept. I share their disappointment. They held back Watch OS2 for a major bug. Should have done same for iOS 9. I've never had this much trouble with Apple updates and I am not at all about it.

Sure won't be going to El Capitain for a while. I run my business on that computer. Mind you I do a lot of that with my phone and watch too but now they don't work right.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
imagine what the forum would be like if the people that have heart attacks at each year's ios, instead spent all that energy silently reverting to the previous ios before its signing window closes, that was so "flawless" for them..guess thats in the perfect..universe..

watching top15 angry gamers on youtube as i posted this, it suddenly became more funny (giggles)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.