Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenaustus

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2003
To my uneducated mind there are a lot of things that can hurt AAPL (and other stocks), like the economy, terrorists, Iraq, elections, the FED, etc.

Since I bought a small amount of AAPL at $15 I've seen the market push it up even with a lot of problems, especially the delays in meeting demand and the problems with the 90 nm fabrication process.

If Apple has a strong winner with the iMac and the iPod connects almost as well as the ipod mini then I believe that it will be moving up in the next 60 days - assuming no serious national or international problems.

While there are still a lot of engineering challenges (especially with IBM fabrication) I believe that those will be handled within the next 12 months.

Most important is the fact that resolution of engineering and supply issues puts Apple in a very good position. There is a demand for these products, while Intel has announced that they have about half a billion dollars worth of processors in their warehouse (mostly high end chips) and are selling mostly the cheaper products.

12 - 18 months is a long time, especially in the world today, but I believe that there is room for growth for companies that have demand for their products, are able to deliver those products to meet demand, are profitable and have a good cash position. That's why I'm willing to buy more AAPL if it goes much lower, and why I believe that it can reach a solid $40s level.

faintedlife

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2004
iMac G5s are confirmed directly from Apple during the webcast.

70% market share for iTMS.

mini iPod sales from Europe are "extremely, extremely strong" since they became available.

kenaustus

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2003
daveway00 said:
i keep getting error 5408 when i try to stream the webcast. Im on broadband and the error comes up after trying to stream the data a couple times. Any suggestions?

Ii will be available on a QuickTime stream around 5 PM PDT - try then.

Mantat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2003
Montréal (Canada)
Seeing how most people here talk about the stock market, makes me want to tear off my hairs...

No matter how many iPod and iMac Apple sells, the price of the share shouldnt increase unless the profit of these sales is transfered to the shareholders. Period.

The best thing Apple could have done a year ago was to use its 4B$ cash to buy back as many shares as they could to void them. If they had done it, the stock would probably be in the 200$ now (or even more, dont have time to do calculation). They didnt. It says a lot about Apple view if its shareholders.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Mantat said:
Seeing how most people here talk about the stock market, makes me want to tear off my hairs...

No matter how many iPod and iMac Apple sells, the price of the share shouldnt increase unless the profit of these sales is transfered to the shareholders. Period.

The best thing Apple could have done a year ago was to use its 4B$ cash to buy back as many shares as they could to void them. If they had done it, the stock would probably be in the 200$ now (or even more, dont have time to do calculation). They didnt. It says a lot about Apple view if its shareholders.

Yep, couldn't agree with you more - many people here simply don't understand how the stock market works. I'm not expecting everyone to, of course, but it's frustrating when people think they know how it works when they have absolutely no clue.

And you can make that $4B in cash $5B in cash now... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.