Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockosmodurnlif

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2007
New York, NY
I like that he's not panicked, I mean we remember all the mp3 player makers and smartphone makers who jumped out of windows (pun not intended) when Apple entered their market, but no one's seen the final implementation.

That said, Instapaper has a problem that the Reading List wouldn't have, it doesn't handle multipagination (for what I mean, look at Readability).

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2010
here and there but not over there
ya, just from what we've seen so far, I'm not sure this is going to be as fully featured a thing as the 3rd party apps. cross-device syncing is a pretty big feature actually. so, it may help bring awareness to instapaper and readitlater. but we don't know the final features I guess.

Now if Apple includes MobileMe/iCloud syncing/centralization, it would be more worrisome.

cross device synching is the only feature that would make me want to use this - it would be pointless without it.

Does it save the page to be able to read it later offline?

If yes, that could be cool.

Spid

and this would be nice too ....

RebeccaL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2011
I doubt Apple is that daft. This will probably be a Framework made available so that Firefox or any other browser can utilize.

That said, I agree that other services won't be going anywhere.

Highly doubtful considering Apple has not licensed larger and more robust technologies like Facetime.

This is a feature more similar to Opera's note function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.