Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AttilaMN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
I am somewhat new to using iCloud, and was wondering if someone can tell me: is there any way to stream videos from an iCloud drive via an AppleTV 4?

Thanks in advance,

-Attila

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
I am somewhat new to using iCloud, and was wondering if someone can tell me: is there any way to stream videos from an iCloud drive via an AppleTV 4?

Thanks in advance,

-Attila

It depends. If they are home movies, you can export them to iMovie Theater and watch via the Apple TV app.

AttilaMN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2016
Thanks for the responses. I was just thinking that as my Bravia TV runs AndroidTV as the OS, maybe there is a Playstore app that would let me stream from GoogleDrive....I'll look into that.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
I was just thinking that as my Bravia TV runs AndroidTV as the OS, maybe there is a Playstore app that would let me stream from GoogleDrive...
I have installed and tried out some of the media playback apps on mine (with other objective, than getting video from Google Drive).
But, they all have again, a severe limitation (for my taste). At least on Sony's AndroidTV, no 3rd party app I've tried (Plex, Kodi, VLC) is able to play back multichannel audio. Only 2.0 stereo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.