Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
I have been noticing a lot of other MacBook users have an expose-like program running on their computers. It is some sort of fast application switching plug in. They press a keyboard shortcut and icons from all of their running programs show up on screen and they can select whichever one they want to bring to the front. Can someone please tell me what this is? It looks amazing!

Someone told me it was Vitru Desktop but that just brought up Virtual Desktop results and I know it isnt a Virtual Desktop.

darwen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
California, US
Thank you so much! You guys are amazing! I very much appreciate the help. It looked to cool to be 3rd party, I was sure I was just missing a shortcut.

richyfp

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2004
It's probably worth pointing out a few extra features of the app switcher:

• You can cycle rightwards through the apps by pressing tab repeatedly with command still held down.
  • You can cycle leftwards through the apps by pressing tilde (~) or shift-tab repeatedly with command still held down.
  • You can also use either the mouse, arrow keys or scroll wheel to move through the apps (and indeed with a Mighty Mouse, a button can be assigned to display the app switcher without using the keyboard)
  • Pressing Q quits the currently selected app.
  • Pressing H hides the currently selected app.
  • The app switcher still works when Expose is active (in "F10" mode).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.