Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hideous cheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
I updated my iPad pro (3rd gen) to iOS 17 on release, its now running iOS 17.0.3.

Twice in the past 3 weeks three apps - 1 password 7, Mini Metro and Fallout Shelter - have spontaneously deleted themselves. 1password is in my dock, the other two in a games folder so there is no way I could have accidentally have done this. All can be redownloaded from the App Store and each seem to be live. My iPhone (with 1password and mini metro) is not affected.

WTAF?

ArrayOfLilly

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2017
Budapest, Hungary
I updated my iPad pro (3rd gen) to iOS 17 on release, its now running iOS 17.0.3.

Twice in the past 3 weeks three apps - 1 password 7, Mini Metro and Fallout Shelter - have spontaneously deleted themselves. 1password is in my dock, the other two in a games folder so there is no way I could have accidentally have done this. All can be redownloaded from the App Store and each seem to be live. My iPhone (with 1password and mini metro) is not affected.

WTAF?
Did you turn on offload unused apps?

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Settings > App Store > scroll down for ”Offload unused apps” and turn it off.

Maybe this?

Attachments

• IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    386.4 KB · Views: 43

hideous cheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Its not that - the setting is off, plus 1password is something I use multiple times daily - but thanks both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.