Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emulajavi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 15, 2011
Hi.

I manually update my iPhone apps in the AppStore.

I've noticed that in the last few days updating an App takes a lot more time. It's really slow. Internet connection is OK because downloading anything on my PC goes fast, and surfing the web on the iOS device with Safari goes fast.

So I think it might be a problem of the AppStore or Apple servers....

Has anyone noticed this behavior??

Thank you

popcorn-in-sac

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
Seattle, WA area
Hi.

I manually update my iPhone apps in the AppStore.

I've noticed that in the last few days updating an App takes a lot more time. It's really slow. Internet connection is OK because downloading anything on my PC goes fast, and surfing the web on the iOS device with Safari goes fast.

So I think it might be a problem of the AppStore or Apple servers....

Has anyone noticed this behavior??

Thank you
Yes, I have noticed the same thing. Everything else is normal/fast, but app store downloads are very slow.

Reactions: emulajavi

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I've noticed this as well. At first I thought it might be my home Internet, but it happens at work too.

Basically, the transfer proceeds to a certain point, then stops for a long time. Eventually it will finish. You can hurry it along by tapping the downloading app on the home screen (to "pause" it) then tapping again to resume.

I suspect the problem is not with Apple but rather the CDN that they use to distribute their data. I've seen it happen on both iOS 8 and 9, and on different ISPs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.