Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
I might have an opportunity to get an iPod from the states on the (relative) cheap ;) But I wouldn't want it if it was not covered by Apple UK. Does anyone know here I would stand should anything go wrong?

Thanks.

Finiksa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2003
Australia
Apple's warranty documentation isn't exactly clear on the subject. Their standard warranty states "If the product is portable, meaning that it can operate independently without a power cord, you may obtain warranty service worldwide." which would suggest the iPod is covered worldwide.

However there is also a separate iPod warranty which may supersede this definition. It doesn't mention anything about worldwide support but does contain this passage "FOR CONSUMERS WHO HAVE THE BENEFIT OF CONSUMER PROTECTION LAWS OR REGULATIONS IN THEIR COUNTRY OF PURCHASE OR, IF DIFFERENT, THEIR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE…" Which could be interpreted to mean that the warranty extends outside the country of purchase.

It's all pretty vague but I would assume that you would be covered outside the country of purchase.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Yeah, from that I'd assume it'd be covered, maybe it's best just to give Apple a call to be sure. Thanks Finiksa :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.