Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
I can't be sure, but all of the pictures of minis I've seen seem to be drawings. It's dang hard to tell with brushed metal. Is this actually a photograph, or are all mini shots drawings?

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

macminihero20050111.jpg

sorryiwasdreami

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
way out in the sticks
My take is that they are ultra-photoshopped pictures. They do have qualities of both photos and drawings and I have been wondering about this too.

However, if you want to see real photos of the mini, check out this link .

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
sorryiwasdreami said:
My take is that they are ultra-photoshopped pictures. They do have qualities of both photos and drawings and I have been wondering about this too.

Thanks for the link! This thing is even nice-looking upside down. I can't wait until I get mine (my dad's).

stevey500

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
How well could the mini outpreform my G4 733mhz Digital Audio 1mb L3 cache 1gb ram powermac ? I just bought this mac for $550 before the mini was announced :( Im not sure if it would really be great to have, over the powermac I have now...

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
sorryiwasdreami said:

Is anyone else having problems with those pictures not being displayed? I tried it on Firefox and IE.

Toe

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
stevey500 said:
How well could the mini outpreform my G4 733mhz Digital Audio 1mb L3 cache 1gb ram powermac ? I just bought this mac for $550 before the mini was announced :( Im not sure if it would really be great to have, over the powermac I have now...
The mini has a higher MHz rating on its G4, but in most other ways, your tower is probably faster or roughly comparable.

Have a look for yourself... compare Mac mini specs to Power Mac G4 (Digital Audio) specs.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
Capt Underpants said:
Is anyone else having problems with those pictures not being displayed? I tried it on Firefox and IE.

they work fine in firefox ,the older mozilla and even in IE on windows..perhaps they are having heavy traffic

i really like the design from the air intakes on the botton..gonan have a nice airflow

3Memos

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
stevey500 said:

The 1.42Ghz Mac mini will be twice as fast as the 733Mhz G4, if it had at least 512MB RAM and a faster spinning HD. Depending on what you are doing with it, I'd say at least 60%-100% faster.

Just a couple of months ago, I sold a 867Mhz G4 for $900 not because it was slow, but because it was getting increasingly louder. I then bought a Dual G5 and its been a dream machine. I would get a Mac mini if I had another pair of hands. :)

3Memos

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
sorryiwasdreami said:

I agree. They have been photoshopped extensively so they look the best on the web. They photoshopped the grill holes on the G5 Towers so the holes look uniform on the web. That's one of the first things I noticed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.