Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy
just wondering why do you think this movie looks horrible? im a real big fan of Jobs (The Man, not the movie (yet).) so i was wondering what makes this movie a bad one.?:confused:

If you have seen any clips from it, it just doesn't look very well made. It might be decent, but the few clips that have leaked did not look promising.

I'm a big fan as well.

----------

It might be a small budget indie film, but he's smart. His contract may be on percentage of gross sales, etc. Like him or hate him, bad film or good film, this movie is going to rake in money.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the marketing and the interest beyond Apple fans like us.

The one that will make the big money if any of these films do will be the Aaron Sorkin penned treatment.

----------

What do u think he's doing it for minimum wage? Also there are plenty of other ways to make money off a film regardless of it's indie exposure

Probably scale, yeah. But you are right, percentage of gross etc. You make a good point.

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
The movie needs to be more than yet-another-biopic. It needs deep insight into Steve's persona (great writing) and/or artistic quality (great directing and acting) and/or drama (great writing again.) At least two out of those three. Otherwise it'll be just another History Channel-ish docudrama re-enactment.

The other Jobs film, "Steve Jobs," will supposedly only focus on Steve's preparations for three MacWorld keynote speeches. Presumably the 1984 keynote (Mac introduction), 1997 (news that Microsoft's Office 98 would come to Mac and that IE would be the default browser on all Macs), and 2007 (iPhone introduction.) By focusing on the crunch-time before keynotes, Aaron Sorkin will give us insight into Steve's persona plus quite a bit of drama. That should make it relatively easy for the director and actors.

I have no doubt that Kutcher can play the title role in "Jobs" with passion and truth. I just hope the film manages to be more than another routine biopic. (An example of an overly-reverential and boring biopic despite big-name actors is "Amelia," 2009, with Hilary Swank and Richard Gere. Dull script, uninspired directing by Mira Nair.)

Last edited:

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
The movie looks horrible but you have to respect that he had a passion for the project.

Or it's just a distraction to help build up interest.

The movie looks awesome. U might not be a fan of Ashton, but the movie itself looks great if ur a Jobs or Apple fan. I'll reserve judgement until after I see it, but based on the trailer, i think it looks awesome. What about the trailer makes u think it looks terrible? Especially when most trailers (even for the shi**iest movies) make the movie look great.

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
As much as I want to forgive him, one can't ignore what this maniac created... Apple is like Google or Microsoft. We humans aren't ready for them!

appleisking

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2013
As much as I want to forgive him, one can't ignore what this maniac created... Apple is like Google or Microsoft. We humans aren't ready for them!

You mean brilliant technology that have improved our lives. Yup, troll comment.

pacalis

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2011
Finally! I watched the Samsung version six months ago. It's got better specs, but I think this will be more of an experience.

:)

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009

Entire wars have been fabricated, masses hypnotized, etc.

On the upside, we have very expensive Light Bright / Etch A Sketch toys to distract from our nagging families.

We're not ready.

MikeyMike01

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2010
Entire wars have been fabricated, masses hypnotized, etc.

On the upside, we have very expensive Light Bright / Etch A Sketch toys to distract from our nagging families.

We're not ready.

If anything, technology companies has improved things in this department.

You can ask Egypt.

Now, if Steve Jobs had started an oil company, or a munitions manufactory, or some other such thing, then you might have a point.

iLilana

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2003
Alberta, Canada
I loved the first one

I loved the first movie with Justin Long. It was so ridiculous and hilariously bad I couldn't help but love it. I loved How every person that said it was bad failed to understand... that was the point.

This movie will be good too. I'm sure it will feel a lot like pirates of silicon valley but thats ok.

The sorkin movie... i dunno. it will probably feel like the facebook movie.

petererr

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2008
I say the trailer is better than I thought. I'll go watch the movie, despite Ashton Kutcher.

Also, putting aside the fact that he is not a ace actor, his little statement makes sense to me.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008

You really need to get out more .... Meet real people, talk to girls etc, eat healthy , go to the gym etc. buying a gadget does not improve your life. And yes give yourself a troll stamp.

----------

----------

Finally! I watched the Samsung version six months ago. It's got better specs, but I think this will be more of an experience.

:)

You will experience wifi issues when viewing it in the cinema, though like all new releases it will be corrected Shortly after launch ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Collected

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Actually looks better than I thought it might. Can't believe it's coming up to 2 years soon.

thekev

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2010
Ashton Kutcher on Why He Chose to Play Steve Jobs

1. Blah, blah, blah

2. Blah, blah, blah

3. Blah, blah, blah

4. Blah, blah, blah

5. The money.

Exactly!! :)

Mark

Definitely not money he is paid for this film. He may make more off later work. I don't want to say the back end as that would suggest points, but he may think it will help his career overall, as it's something other than comedy.

b0r1s

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2011
Staffordshire
You can't always state it's an indie movie to exclude blame for a weak film. In fact I would state that indie movies (Dan in Real Life, Sideways, Lost in Translation, Reservoir Dogs etc) have to have better acting and a better script as they don't have the budget to add the polish that bigger films can get away with.

I'm not going to prejudge Kutcher and will watch the film before deciding whether or not I like it, not let a 2 minute trailer or internet 'reviews' make up my mind for me.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Even if Ashton does the acting job of his life. It still won't diminish the natural grating sound of his unmistakable voice. So hard to suspend disbelief with him talking and talking and talking...:eek: Seriously, Ashton... you seem like a nice enough guy, but no talking please. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.