Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
Kinda hope this isn't an April fools joke and is real. That picture is eery how similar they look. Kutcher simply gets hate because of his overexposure in the media, but he's not a bad actor and I like his tech savy. Downvote me, I don't give a *****.

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Major fail.

I spent a day working with Ashton right after I finished "Pirates".

Noah was a perfectionist who asked for my help to be more "Jobs Like"

Ashton was a spoiled pretty boy who spent half the day complaining about his props and acting like a 5 year old. He had the acting range of a rutabaga.

Noah viewed the crew as fellow professionals who were there to help him get a solid performance on film. Ashton treated us like a pack of losers who weren't born pretty and lucky like he was.

Hopefully this is someone's idea of a joke.

DrMotownMac

Contributor
Jul 11, 2008
Michigan
Major fail.

Ashton was a spoiled pretty boy who spent half the day complaining about his props and acting like a 5 year old. He had the acting range of a rutabaga.

Noah viewed the crew as fellow professionals who were there to help him get a solid performance on film. Ashton treated us like a pack of losers who weren't born pretty and lucky like he was.

Um, who are you, exactly? You worked on Pirates of Silicon Valley? Are you one of the original Apple employees, hired as a consultant? Or, are you in the film business, and just happened to work on that particular movie?

Either way, VERY COOL that you're on here chatting with us Mac fanboys!

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
Um, who are you, exactly? You worked on Pirates of Silicon Valley? Are you one of the original Apple employees, hired as a consultant? Or, are you in the film business, and just happened to work on that particular movie?

Either way, VERY COOL that you're on here chatting with us Mac fanboys!

I was on Pirates as "Art Department Leadman" and was the primary consultant on Apple stuff from Apple 2 through Mac days as I had sold them at my Dad's store. I attended the Vintage Computer event in San Jose that year and bought up most of the machines used in the film. Twice I spent some time with Noah to work on wording. He was especially concerned with sounding knowledgeable at the West Coast Computer Fair scene, where he was likely to use "off the cuff" remarks as the scene was to have them get mobbed by excited future Apple fans.

I had attended similar events as part of my work at "The Software Exchange" in early 80's.

I was the Art Director for the original Promo for "Punk'd". Ashton and his buddies were awful.

breising

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2011
I can see it.

Having sat for breakfast with Steve in Hawaii the day he rolled out the Mac and listening to him string along the 'reporters' that were bugging him about what was going to happen I can imagine Ashton playing the part very well. I think they have the same sense of personal space and humor. Very direct with a slight mischievousness.

Mac Kiwi

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2003
New Zealand
This has to be an April fools. Lets remember SJ knew who he wanted to write his book, so I am guessing movies would also have come up in talks in recent years. He would have been pretty forthcoming on who he did not want playing him.

Noctilux.95

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2010
LA
Major fail.

No offense, but if you're flipping the bill (Sony Pictures) a guy like Noah Wiley would be a very bad investment.

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
No offense, but if you're flipping the bill (Sony Pictures) a guy like Noah Wiley would be a very bad investment.

"Flipping the bill"?

I'm not saying "Noah or Nobody" I'm just stating that Ashton isn't the guy. Let him pitch his "Nikon Zoom" cameras, etc. Great skin and nice teeth and a similar haircut do not make you a good person to play SJ.

MacFanJeff

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
IL, USA
It's got to be APRIL FOOLS for sure! No one in their right mind would get this guy for anything they don't want to really suck.

writingdevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
I like Kutcher in straight forward comedy, and that's what he's tagged for these days. I think someone with an edgier personality, that's apparent immediately, would be a better fit. SJ made jokes, they say, and had a weird sense of humor, but that's miles from Kutcher's style.

I do think the re-pairing of David Fincher as Dir and Aaron Sorkin, imho the best dialogue writer in Hollyweird today, could bring the angst to the character and drama to things we already know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.