Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mith

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Montreal, Qc, Canada
what do you think we will be likely to see in terms of updates in macworld?

likely: itv. 2nd of preview leopard, new isight maybe (since it's no longer selling), maybe update to mac mini???

macworld is close , lol am already excited

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
iWork 07 ;)

A .Mac Update? I would count on an iSight update, and an iTV announcement. :)

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Here we go...

--Talk about the Intel transition, and how all Macs are now running 64 bit processors (with the Mini upgraded to C2D).

--Transition to Leopard with 64 bit capabilities, preview, announce ship date

--iLife 07, demonstration of new 'stuff' with integration in Leopard

--iWork 07, again, demonsration, and introduce new spread sheet app

--new iSight

--Maybe iTV if it doesn't get its own event

--No new iPod or phone, they probably deserve their own event

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Here we go...

--Talk about the Intel transition, and how all Macs are now running 64 bit processors (with the Mini upgraded to C2D).

--Transition to Leopard with 64 bit capabilities, preview, announce ship date

--iLife 07, demonstration of new 'stuff' with integration in Leopard

--iWork 07, again, demonsration, and introduce new spread sheet app

--new iSight

--Maybe iTV if it doesn't get its own event

--No new iPod or phone, they probably deserve their own event

Shipping date for Leopard won't be announced. That will come two weeks before release so around mid-March. They'll just say "we're on schedule for a Spring (Autumn for me) 2007 release" and get into the big preview.

I agree with everything else though, "iTV" could be a stretch but it depends on how advanced the preview unit we saw at WWDC was - it seemed to work pretty well. I just hope it's not too expensive, $380 seems pretty high.

If there's no new iPod then yeah, the "iTV" will lob but the chances of seeing a new high-end iPod model must be pretty good. Just have to wait and see.

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
Shipping date for Leopard won't be announced. That will come two weeks before release so around mid-March. They'll just say "we're on schedule for a Spring (Autumn for me) 2007 release" and get into the big preview.

Unless it is early, beating Vista (more or less). I think that would be great, make for a great show.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.