at macworld

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mith, Dec 21, 2006.

1. mith macrumors regular

Oct 26, 2006
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    what do you think we will be likely to see in terms of updates in macworld?

likely: itv. 2nd of preview leopard, new isight maybe (since it's no longer selling), maybe update to mac mini???

macworld is close , lol am already excited
  2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
  3. monke macrumors 65816

May 30, 2005
    iWork 07 ;)

A .Mac Update? I would count on an iSight update, and an iTV announcement. :)
  4. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2006
    Here we go...

--Talk about the Intel transition, and how all Macs are now running 64 bit processors (with the Mini upgraded to C2D).

--Transition to Leopard with 64 bit capabilities, preview, announce ship date

--iLife 07, demonstration of new 'stuff' with integration in Leopard

--iWork 07, again, demonsration, and introduce new spread sheet app

--new iSight

--Maybe iTV if it doesn't get its own event

--No new iPod or phone, they probably deserve their own event
  5. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    Shipping date for Leopard won't be announced. That will come two weeks before release so around mid-March. They'll just say "we're on schedule for a Spring (Autumn for me) 2007 release" and get into the big preview.

I agree with everything else though, "iTV" could be a stretch but it depends on how advanced the preview unit we saw at WWDC was - it seemed to work pretty well. I just hope it's not too expensive, $380 seems pretty high.

If there's no new iPod then yeah, the "iTV" will lob but the chances of seeing a new high-end iPod model must be pretty good. Just have to wait and see.
  6. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

Jul 27, 2006
    Unless it is early, beating Vista (more or less). I think that would be great, make for a great show.
  7. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    It won't be though, it's nowhere near ready for release.